Thread: route within engine for fuel line?

Experienced Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

route within engine for fuel line?

I can't figure out where the copper fuel line is supposed to run when it comes up the firewall into the engine bay. Does it run inside or outside of the aluminium subframe tower? If inside then presumably under the battery box?

Experienced Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: route within engine for fuel line?

answering my own question, but just in case it's use to anyone in the future - the answer for the route of the fuel line is ... on the outside of the subframe towers. Not quite the answer I was looking for as this will make it 100 times trickier getting it in. Ironic, but I've also just found a thread only 5mins ago that would have saved me a lot of grief - where the moral is to put the fuel line in before putting the subframe/engine back - Doh! http://www.lancisti.net/forum/entry.php?388-Fuel-Lines

Saying that if I have to run it under the battery box then it's probably not the end of the world.

Master Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: route within engine for fuel line?

Here is the route that I used, I ran them under the car where the existing 'tabs' make the route obvious then up the side of the transmission tunnel and around the engine bay following the existing tabs again. I put flow on the top and return underneath.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1170989.jpg   P1170988.jpg   P1170987.jpg  

Thread Information