Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fulvia Rallye 1.3S "special edition" ? Anyone know of such ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Fulvia Rallye 1.3S "special edition" ? Anyone know of such ?

Quote Originally Posted by 1,6 HF View Post
    Jimmy,

You can't go wrong with the original steel.
    Ed, much obliged and probably this is what I would choose. Seems like they are without wheel caps but I would see how things turn out without and worry later.

w/ smiles
    Jimmy

PS. The owner did take a short clip of the car which I would not mind uploading except lack the skills.

Senior Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know about availability in Japan but it seems like the original steel wheels are more difficult to come by in the US whereas reproduction Chromodoras can be purchased worldwide from many vendors. My S1 came with some very nice original aftermarket Stilauto's but I love the classic look of the steel wheels and hubcaps (easily found at vendors) so I hunted down and refurbished some to replace the alloys. If you wish to have options for the car then it might be best to take the steel wheels knowing you can get the alloys more easily at a later date.

-Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

If the alloy wheels are 13" magnesium Chromodora's without the cracks I would go for them as they are very rare, light and beautiful. But check for cracks!
    IMHO steel wheels might be desirable but not without the OEM hubcaps and token 1.3S wheel trim rings. They are also difficult to source in a decent condition without paying a premium and without them they look silly on a non HF coupe.
    Just my 50c

William
    Hf1200

Downloads
    Uploads

Indeed, the owner has offered me the optional reproduction alloys for the same price which he said he would order new. He also offered both sets if I am willing to pay extra 700 euros. Nice to have both but seems not practical. I have requested for the steel ones he has on now.

Do appreciate different viewpoints from the experts here. As Ed has mentioned, I can live without the headaches of potential scraping of wheel arches from wrong tire sizes.

Still in waiting mode from the owner for a response.

w/ smiles
    Jimmy

Downloads
    Uploads

Update: The deal is done. Wired fund confirmed. Looks like my first with the Lancia marque relationship.

Now I have to seriously consider and choose my options between straightforward shipping or going there in person for my first visit.

As for the debate on wheels, I have opted for the standard steel wheels (missing the hub caps), which I may consider searching for locally in Italy.

Further updates as things work out.

w/ smiles
    Jimmy

Experienced Lancista Professorgearhead's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Update: The deal is done. Wired fund confirmed. Looks like my first with the Lancia marque relationship.

Now I have to seriously consider and choose my options between straightforward shipping or going there in person for my first visit.

As for the debate on wheels, I have opted for the standard steel wheels (missing the hub caps), which I may consider searching for locally in Italy.

Further updates as things work out.

w/ smiles
    Jimmy
    heartiest congratulations! I bought my first Fulvia four months ago so I share your excitement. It’s really easy for others to tell you what to do, particularly with how to spend your money—especially when it may not be entirely sensible, at least from a financial perspective. So...... I say go to Italy and enjoy that spectacular country in your spectacular car. You’ll see why only Italy could give birth to a Fulvia. Do you want to set eyes on your new son where he was born, or wait 'til you can pick him up in Walmart?! Sorry. Couldn’t help myself. I’m an italophile.
    Thor Frohn-Nielsen
    '72 Lancia Fulvia 1600

Downloads
    Uploads

Auguri!
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Downloads
    Uploads

Many thanx and so true of what is the natural thing to do.

No doubt there's joy and excitement but the other side of the coin is this guilty side of hoarding too many cars for myself, especially in Japan where space is a serious issue and requires heavy price. I can squeeze five cars in within the front carport but have been leasing multiple commercial car spaces too (crazy).

I have jumped off the cliff multiple times already and I suppose another round again.

Lancia marque would be my very first to own so should be interesting to find out her traits relative to other Italian marques.

TBC.

w/ smiles
    Jimmy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6e6.jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Some pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6e5.jpg   20170212_115734 copy.jpg   20170212_115537.jpg  

Experienced Lancista Professorgearhead's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I hasten to add that I did not take my own advice to you to pick up your car in Italy when I recently bought my car. I had mine stuffed in its own container and shipped to me here on the west coast of Canada. I would, however, have picked it up in person, driven Sophia Loren around a bit, and then shipped it home had that been feasible.
    Thor Frohn-Nielsen
    '72 Lancia Fulvia 1600

Thread Information