Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fulvia Rallye 1.3S "special edition" ? Anyone know of such ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Fulvia Rallye 1.3S "special edition" ? Anyone know of such ?

Tim, that sounds great to hear everything worked out well.

In my case, few things are different. One is the fact that the owner is a private party. Second, the car needs to go on ship such that the receiving end (Japanese customs red tape) may be an issue for me if I don't be careful what I do with the paperworks.

So, still pondering what I ought to do here.

Thanx for your insight.

w/ smiles
    Jimmy

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    then would decide if I ought to fly in to meet the owner and thank him in person and possibly enjoy some driving also. In reference to that, anyone familiar with foreigner driving requirements and limitations there? I know for sure international driver license, own driver license and insurance are necessary. Any further limitations ? Thanx in advance.

w/ smiles
    Jimmy
    congratulations with your purchase.
    really like your (romantic ?) idea of coming to Italy and drive your newly purchased car ... but am I the only guy go drives home with a newly purchased oldtimer fingers crossed, sh***less, hearing constantly worrying noises definitely indicating a complete breakdown, smelling strange things ( fuels, fires,..) , feeling vibrations that will undoubtedly lead to too expensive reparations ??? - even if the trip is only a few miles ??
    Driving in Italy is great, even with an oldtimer ( I did, with a Mini (Innocenti badged of course ) ), but I would be more at ease in a hired Lancia Y than in a newly purchased Fulvia.
    Why not hire a Pagani ?
    If you fly, I would prefer Milan : you 'have to' go south to Rome, and you 'need to' go north back to Milan, without forgetting the museum in Brescia ànd doing the Stelvio as you are 'almost' in the neighbourhood ( if you need roadmaps/suggestions, your welcome)

groeten, Geert.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by geert View Post
    congratulations with your purchase.
    really like your (romantic ?) idea of coming to Italy and drive your newly purchased car ... but am I the only guy go drives home with a newly purchased oldtimer fingers crossed, sh***less, hearing constantly worrying noises definitely indicating a complete breakdown, smelling strange things ( fuels, fires,..) , feeling vibrations that will undoubtedly lead to too expensive reparations ??? - even if the trip is only a few miles ??
    Driving in Italy is great, even with an oldtimer ( I did, with a Mini (Innocenti badged of course ) ), but I would be more at ease in a hired Lancia Y than in a newly purchased Fulvia.
    Why not hire a Pagani ?
    If you fly, I would prefer Milan : you 'have to' go south to Rome, and you 'need to' go north back to Milan, without forgetting the museum in Brescia ànd doing the Stelvio as you are 'almost' in the neighbourhood ( if you need roadmaps/suggestions, your welcome)

groeten, Geert.
    Hello Geert,

Thank you and appreciate your thoughts.

Sure sounds like you had your share of "fun" with old-timers. I do have my stories to tell for sure, some quite scary but all fond memories now.

I do take your suggestion of Milan over Rome. Seeing architectural relics are great but I also do understand that Rome has serious garbage problems now. A Pagani (?), wow. That is a thought though... As for the Fulvia, the current owner swears that his Fulvia is able for any occasions at that.

Being a total novice, yet tempted to drive there, I am open to any suggestions by folks like yourself with knowledge and experience. That would be great and do thank you for any thoughts. I am in no hurry but was told to avoid summer vacation season.

I believe I have my email address registered here but just in case: jimmy@jimmydental.com

Much obliged.

w/ smiles
    Jimmy

Downloads
    Uploads

In Italy and seeing the Fulvia in flesh and rode with the owner for few hundred km from Rimini to Viterbo, I must say the quality exceeded my expectations. Beautiful jewel and all original.

PS. Tried uploading photos but not responding...

w/smiles
    Jimmy

Downloads
    Uploads

In Italy and seeing the Fulvia in flesh and rode with the owner for few hundred km from Rimini to Viterbo, I must say the quality exceeded my expectations. Beautiful jewel and all original.

PS. Tried uploading photos but not responding...

w/smiles
    Jimmy
    enjoy !
    both Italy & Lancia.

grten, Geert
    geert.verdonckt-devriendt@telenet.be
    Last edited by geert; 16th June 2018 at 06:46 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

An update: The vessel carrying Fulvia has crossed the Gibraltar and out to the Atlantic, assuming heading south and then east. Not given yet but probable arrival at Yokohama, Japan would be early September...

w/ smiles
    Jimmy

Downloads
    Uploads

buon viaggio
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

An update: The vessel carrying Fulvia has crossed the Gibraltar and out to the Atlantic, assuming heading south and then east. Not given yet but probable arrival at Yokohama, Japan would be early September...

w/ smiles
    Jimmy
    a very well traveled fulvia indeed...
    bmarler/
    1967 fulvia sport zagato
    1961 appia vignale convert.

Downloads
    Uploads

I was naive to think that the vessel would head south after passing Gibralter,...she headed north instead to UK, then to Belgium, making more stops along the way I presume. Oh well,...

Thread Information