Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Fulvia Rallye 1.3S "special edition" ? Anyone know of such ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Fulvia Rallye 1.3S "special edition" ? Anyone know of such ?

Finally, expect to head out to the port today, which is only couple miles away, to start the papers and recovery of Fulvia.

Downloads
    Uploads

Completed part I of three today. Went to the receiving agent to pay landing fees and obtained DO (delivery order) papers.

Tomorrow would be the next step. part II, more red tape with the customs office, filling papers and pay appropriate tariff. Once that is complete, the car can be retrieved. Subsequently, the last step, part III, registration procedures (similar to the MOT in UK), and the car would be road worthy with plates.

Downloads
    Uploads

Part II completed,...with a twist. Today was the customs chapter. They decided to put the car through x-ray exam and cleared except for one issue. The car came with a fire extinguisher, which is not allowed for import. This cannot be disposed randomly so now it is necessary to run around different offices with documents and permits to prove that this fire extinguisher would be disposed properly. I would have to do this run around next week.

Meanwhile, the car itself passed fine and has been picked up by loader and taken to this shop that prepares for registration, called "shaken", procedures. More exams, papers and run around but should be routine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Finally, expect to head out to the port today, which is only couple miles away, to start the papers and recovery of Fulvia.
    that's good news ! keep us informed.

soundtrack on your trip : : "we shall overcome" or more uptempo and my choice "saviour" by Kevin Coyne

grten, geert.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by geert View Post
    that's good news ! keep us informed.

soundtrack on your trip : : "we shall overcome" or more uptempo and my choice "saviour" by Kevin Coyne

grten, geert.
    Thanx geert, as stated, the recovery operation has entered the last stage of registration to be legal. A bit tedious but should be uneventful and hope to get it done in couple weeks. Aside from that, one needs to submit proof that parking space is available too. To obtain this, one needs to go to local police department, fill out yet more forms, pay "tax", and they come to verify the said parking space. This is a must. I can explain in details other crazy protocols but all that is part of life here. It would get done.
    Last edited by JCS; 13th September 2018 at 08:27 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I thought Belgium was at the top of absurd administration, but you beat us I think. In our country, they are specialized in "mission impossible" scenarios. Department A needs a form from department B before they can give you permission. But department B claims that you first need to have the permission from department A before they can give that form. If you ask them to communicate between them to see who can go first, they (rather enthusiastically I must say) decline: "Oh, no! That's not our job! You got to arrange it yourself!".

Interesting to follow this kind of blog
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964
    Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1,3 1968
    Porsche 924 1979
    Alfa Romeo 33 1.4IE 1993

Downloads
    Uploads

I hope all your paperwork goes smoothly! I thought I had a hard time trying to explain my Italian documents to the older lady at the Madison Mississippi DMV (She acted like I was trying to import a vehicle from outer space) but you've got considerably more hoops to jump through than I did.

Downloads
    Uploads

Latest update on the status: Well, what do you know, it has been a slow crawl to the goal. Finally got a call from the shop stating that the car passed the legal requirements and ready to apply for her new license plates. Technically not there yet because there is one more hurdle left, which is the have to go through my local police department to submit request and proof of parking space for the car. Papers and fee, then someone would come out to check the parking space and then the long road for registration would be complete.

There was an unexpected issue that came up when the customs x-rayed the car last month. It came with a fire extinguisher, which is not legal for import. Disposal is not straight forward and it was a back and forth between different offices to properly dispose, which was a work out to say the least.

Hopefully, I get to see the car with her new plates in a week or so.

Thread Information