Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fulvia Rallye 1.3S "special edition" ? Anyone know of such ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Fulvia Rallye 1.3S "special edition" ? Anyone know of such ?

Inquiring the experts here regarding a question on 1969 Fulvia Rallye 1.3S.

As I am considering this purchase from this older gentleman in Italy, the latest update from him is that his Rallye 1.3S is the special edition that let to the arrival of 1.3HF...and not the "normal" Rallye 1.3S (?).

Wished to ask the expert members here if they are aware of such, since I am still a newcomer regarding Lancias overall.

I trust his words because last year I bought his Fiat Giannini 590GT and the car was immaculate as claimed.

Thanx in advance for any inputs.

w/ smiles
    Jimmy
    Last edited by JCS; 18th July 2017 at 04:12 AM. Reason: spell

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Fulvia Rallye 1.3S "special edition" ? Anyone know of such ?

Utter and complete bullshit. 1,3S production began in 1969 -- two years after the1,3HF was introduced.
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 1,6 HF View Post
    Utter and complete bullshit. 1,3S production began in 1969 -- two years after the1,3HF was introduced.
    Ed, thanx...looks like I need to dig deeper to find out more.

w/ smiles
    Jimmy

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Ed, thanx...looks like I need to dig deeper to find out more.

w/ smiles
    Jimmy
    If you can get the chassis number and the engine serial number, we'll know what you're looking at.
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 1,6 HF View Post
    If you can get the chassis number and the engine serial number, we'll know what you're looking at.
    Ed, this is what I have...

Targa MIG 73408
    Motor 818.303 (?) last digit is unclear, could be 2

818.360/002722

Thanx again.

w/ smiles
    Jimmy

Downloads
    Uploads

818.360*002722 is a Rallye 1,3S, built in early 1969 (+/- Feb - Mar), and it should have a type 818.303 engine. So all seems well as far as that goes.
    But the story about it being a prototype for the 1,3HF is science fiction – literally; it would involve time travel. 1,3HF production began early in 1967; it was directly developed from the 1.2HF, which was built in 1966 (+ 1 chassis in 1967; must have been a tough New Year’s Eve...).
    So either something’s seriously lost in translation or the seller has absolutely no idea what he’s talking about.

Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Downloads
    Uploads

Ed, much appreciate your data confirmation.

Regarding the claimed "special", I would further inquire the owner and hear his story.

Would update when there's response.

Much obliged.

w/ smiles
    Jimmy

Downloads
    Uploads

I am still waiting for the full reply but so far the trickle down explanation via my friend's translation is that the owner is genuine and fully knowledgeable with the history of his car. The word, prototype was never used by him and his reference is "special", probably meaning that Lancia was continually improving and tweaking the model and that this one happens to be one of those. Quite a list of specs and technical datas were furnished but it is over my head to be honest.

He is the second owner (of about ten years and clocked) around 4,000km during that duration. Currently, it sits at north of 80k km, well kept and maintained. If the Giannini 590GT is any proof of his passion for cars, this Fulvia would not be a disappointment.

Since I am in no hurry here, I would be waiting for more clarifications before committing to purchase, which is most likely the case.

Currently, exploring casually the possibility of taking a vacation trip to Italy, pick up this car and drive through the countryside before taking to the port. This may not sound as simple as I think but that would be nice.

Updates shall be posted when there's new revelations.

Appreciate the inputs so far.

w/ smiles
    Jimmy

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    I am still waiting for the full reply but so far the trickle down explanation via my friend's translation is that the owner is genuine and fully knowledgeable with the history of his car. The word, prototype was never used by him and his reference is "special", probably meaning that Lancia was continually improving and tweaking the model and that this one happens to be one of those. Quite a list of specs and technical datas were furnished but it is over my head to be honest.
    Whenever Lancia changed from one model o another, there were always "transitional-spec" cars -- either late cars with features of the new, or early cars with hold-over features. So that may be what he's speaking about. Because they did not constantly refine and change spec during a production run.

If you can share the list of specs, we can 'translate' them.
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Downloads
    Uploads

Latest update:

Well, finally...the ball is rolling. Payment made and looks like things are moving. Confirmation first and then the tedious process of logistics of importing from Italy to Japan. (Actually, not that bad but still red tape).

The owner has given me a choice as to the wheels. I can either have what she has on right now (which is probably the standard kind with multiple holes) or the "original" wheels as seen in my avatar, which is what she came with when this owner bought the car. I can have both sets with only a minor mark up but do not see the need for that myself. Anyone care to voice their preference ?

Meanwhile, I have been contemplating the idea of visiting Italy to meet up with the owner and drive around also as I have never visited Italy yet. I know I would need possession of international license for that but not sure of other requirements.

Anyway, it is done.

w/ smiles
    Jimmy

PS Tried uploading photos but not successful, sorry

Thread Information