Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fulvia Steering Wheels

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Fulvia Steering Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by 1,6 HF View Post
    Looks great.

There never was a special "HF" horn push for the Fulvia. If you ran the standard straddle wood wheel, you had the standard horn / flasher push with Lancia shield on white. The Ferrero 2-spoke comp steering wheels had black push with gold Lancia shield. But nothing specific to the HFs.

It was a Ferrero two spoke in my car when I collected it, dont know if the horn button is correct though.

TorClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1608.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	717.8 KB 
ID:	12424Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1635.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	736.7 KB 
ID:	12425

Downloads
    Uploads

Here (in a lousy scan -- sorry) is the correct Ferrero horn push; silver -- not "gold" as I said previously -- on black:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails horn push.jpg  
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Downloads
    Uploads

There was more than one type.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails steering wheel.JPG  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lancialulu View Post
    That's very true -- just as there were several different versions of the Ferrero "HF" model. I wouldn’t swear to dates or every detail, but I’ve had a number over the years – early, late, and repro. So I think I have this pretty much right:

The earliest version has a sewn "filler" strip at the inside circumference – two rows of stitching. It has script "Ferrero" stamped on the front of the left spoke. This version uses the silver-on-black horn push. These are from around 1969(?), and it’s what I’m running now. Most people aren’t familiar with this version. I’ve only seen one other, and when its Ferrero-expert owner posted a photo of it on FB (last week), the Italians were arguing with him that it must be a fake.

The next version used a glued flush seam at the inside circumference and a glued lap seam at 6 o’clock. These were originally stamped in block letters, "Ferrero" on the front of the left spoke, and I believe these also used the silver-on-black push; I believe these were about 1970-1971. Munari won Monte-Carlo in January 1972, after which point the "Sandro Munari" autograph is stamped on the front of the right spoke, with "Ferrero" on the back of the left spoke. At some point they changed the horn push to the blue lancia shield on white circle, as in Tim’s photo. I’ve had one of each of these (both gone to good homes long ago).

The late ones used a glued flush seam at the back of the wheel and a glued lap seam at 6 o’clock. These have the "Sandro Munari" autograph, with "Ferrero" on the rear. These also used the blue shield on white push. I have one in 325mm (Stratos size – now all I need is the car...).
    Last edited by 1,6 HF; 11th August 2017 at 10:24 AM.
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Downloads
    Uploads

Tim

Yours look same as the one pictured in the 1,3 HF Homologation documents, page 11 photo C.

Tor

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Racer View Post
    Tim

Yours look same as the one pictured in the 1,3 HF Homologation documents, page 11 photo C.

Tor
    Tor it is and was fitted to Works 1.3HF's from 1967 as was the wheel (as per my 1.3HFR). I have a Sandro Munari wheel as well but I find it too dished for my liking so have opted for a flat ferraro (320mm I think) for my 1600 HF. I have correct Ferraro Stratos Stradale style 4 spoke wheel fitted to my Strato's Transformer early round arch Group 4 body (but Stradle interior just to be different...) (yes a replica because I cannot afford a real one either....)

Downloads
    Uploads

Tor it is and was fitted to Works 1.3HF's from 1967 as was the wheel (as per my 1.3HFR). I have a Sandro Munari wheel as well but I find it too dished for my liking so have opted for a flat ferraro (320mm I think) for my 1600 HF. I have correct Ferraro Stratos Stradale style 4 spoke wheel fitted to my Strato's Transformer early round arch Group 4 body (but Stradle interior just to be different...) (yes a replica because I cannot afford a real one either....)
    Your steering Wheel is pictured under Group 4. Under Group 3 a steering wheel similar to mine with same wodden rim but With Three spokes pictured on photo C page 21.

Tor

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Racer View Post
    Your steering Wheel is pictured under Group 4. Under Group 3 a steering wheel similar to mine with same wodden rim but With Three spokes pictured on photo C page 21.

Tor
    Also pictured in a contemporary review of a works 1.3HF works report in Autocar

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autocar-27...72.m2749.l2649

Downloads
    Uploads

Also pictured in a contemporary review of a works 1.3HF works report in Autocar

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autocar-27...72.m2749.l2649
    with the silver-on-black horn push
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 1,6 HF View Post
    with the silver-on-black horn push
    No it is a small raised Lancia shield in blue.on top of the raised horn button

Thread Information