Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starter Motor Replacement - Series 1 Fulvia Sport

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Starter Motor Replacement - Series 1 Fulvia Sport

Series one starter motor have 8 teeth on the starter gear.
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964
    Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1,3 1968
    Porsche 924 1979
    Alfa Romeo 33 1.4IE 1993

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marnix View Post
    Series one starter motor have 8 teeth on the starter gear.
    Thanks - I will be sure to check when it arrives. WOSP advises their motor is specific to the Series 1 Fulvia with 4 speed so I suspect all will be well.

Graham
    1970 Fulvia Sport 1.3S

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

It lives! Two months after arriving in Calgary, the Sport is on the road! The starter is a quality piece and fit beautifully. Finally got a chance to wash the travel grime off it and, it turns out, the chance to mop out the interior since water is flooding in along the fronts of the doors. On to the next challenge!

Graham
    1970 Fulvia Sport 1.3S

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by grbbenny View Post
    mop out the interior since water is flooding in along the fronts of the doors. On to the next challenge!
    Hi Graham,
    May I be the first to suggest that your next challenge is to dry out the cabin. My car is reasonably watertight but if I suspect water has got into the cabin or boot, I still take up the mats and turn on a blower-heater.
    Next priority should be to stop water getting into the cabin and boot. Then apply a deruster and followed by a quality waxoil to doors and sealed box sections.
    A professional restorer suggested I use Xtroll Rust Conqueror UV which does both provided the rust is only thin.
    I have just uploaded a diagram from Tectyl showing where to apply a waxoil to a Coupe.
    http://www.lancisti.net/forum/downlo...do=file&id=311
    The platform of a FSZ is the same as a Coupe and has similar body cavities that need protecting plus extras around the A pillar and the double box supporting the boot gutter
    Owners of Fulvias (and many other italian cars of similar vintage) should repeat after me: "Water is not my friend"
    Hope that helps, Mick

Also check out:
    http://www.lancisti.net/forum/showth...ts-for-Fulvias

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Wattsy View Post
    Hi Graham,
    May I be the first to suggest that your next challenge is to dry out the cabin. My car is reasonably watertight but if I suspect water has got into the cabin or boot, I still take up the mats and turn on a blower-heater.
    Next priority should be to stop water getting into the cabin and boot. Then apply a deruster and followed by a quality waxoil to doors and sealed box sections.
    A professional restorer suggested I use Xtroll Rust Conqueror UV which does both provided the rust is only thin.
    I have just uploaded a diagram from Tectyl showing where to apply a waxoil to a Coupe.
    http://www.lancisti.net/forum/downlo...do=file&id=311
    The platform of a FSZ is the same as a Coupe and has similar body cavities that need protecting plus extras around the A pillar and the double box supporting the boot gutter
    Owners of Fulvias (and many other italian cars of similar vintage) should repeat after me: "Water is not my friend"
    Hope that helps, Mick
    Very helpful, thank you. Fortunately I already had the mats, interior panels and rear seat out as I'm in the midst replacing the mats and panels and installing seat belts so a quick clean-up. You're correct though - I need to staunch the flow right away.

Graham
    1970 Fulvia Sport 1.3S

Thread Information