Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    Active Lancista
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Longstone tyres, Bawtry.
    Posts
    36
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Original equipment tyres for a MonteCarlo - is it Pirelli Cinturato 185/70VR13 CN36?

    Hi

    I have just shipped a set of these tyres http://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/page...rato-cn36.html out to Finland to be fitted onto a Monte Carlo for a motor show, and wondered if you knew if they were OE or not.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 185-70VR13 Cinturato CN36 - FULL 600x600.jpg  

  2. #2
    Legendary Lancista
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    leslie, missouri
    Age
    68
    Posts
    2,776
    Downloads
    83
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Original equipment tyres for a MonteCarlo - is it Pirelli Cinturato 185/70VR13 CN

    TMK all (N.A.) Betas came w/P3s . . .

  3. #3
    Active Lancista
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Longstone tyres, Bawtry.
    Posts
    36
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Original equipment tyres for a MonteCarlo - is it Pirelli Cinturato 185/70VR13 CN

    That's a shame. there is no current plan for a P3. Becaause of the CN36 popularity with Escorts and a variety of other cars they are a tyre that sticks in peoples minds, that is what we have.

    They do look cool though

    Attachment 11954

  4. #4
    Active Lancista
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Longstone tyres, Bawtry.
    Posts
    36
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Original equipment tyres for a MonteCarlo - is it Pirelli Cinturato 185/70VR13 CN

    oo i've found this

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1984 Pirelli fitment small.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	618.0 KB 
ID:	11955

  5. #5
    Legendary Lancista
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    leslie, missouri
    Age
    68
    Posts
    2,776
    Downloads
    83
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Original equipment tyres for a MonteCarlo - is it Pirelli Cinturato 185/70VR13 CN

    Chart looks accurate to me. P6s came out in the early '80s for the "+1 (or 2) concept". P3s were
    superseded by P4s yrs. ago. P3s were pretty much all season import "passenger" car tires a la
    Michelin ZX. P6s were much more a performance 3 season tire. Lousy grip on/in the snow.

  6. #6
    Legendary Lancista 1,6 HF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    5,555
    Downloads
    42
    Uploads
    52

    Re: Original equipment tyres for a MonteCarlo - is it Pirelli Cinturato 185/70VR13 CN

    No US Beta -- Scorpion or otherwise -- shipped on Pirelli CN36. The US Scorpion shipped on 165-13s. In 1975 when the first US Beta Coupés arrived here, they were on 175/70-14 Pirelli CF57 -- generally mediocre tires. In 1980, as soon as the P6 became available, the Coupés were fitted with the P6 in 185/65-14. I bought a set for my '75, and they really improved the handling.

    The Euro Montecarlo originally shipped on 185/70-13, which could possibly have been CN36, but I really don't know. The S2 Montecarlo shipped on 185/65-14s, which would have been the Pirelli P6.
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

  7. #7
    Site Founder DJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Pascagoula, Mississippi
    Age
    65
    Posts
    2,930
    Downloads
    73
    Uploads
    42
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Original equipment tyres for a MonteCarlo - is it Pirelli Cinturato 185/70VR13 CN

    Pirelli introduced the P6 in the 70s. My new '76 Scorpion came with P6s. They were 175s as I remember which were available as an option.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1,6 HF View Post
    No US Beta -- Scorpion or otherwise -- shipped on Pirelli CN36. The US Scorpion shipped on 165-13s. In 1975 when the first US Beta Coupés arrived here, they were on 175/70-14 Pirelli CF57 -- generally mediocre tires. In 1980, as soon as the P6 became available, the Coupés were fitted with the P6 in 185/65-14. I bought a set for my '75, and they really improved the handling.

    The Euro Montecarlo originally shipped on 185/70-13, which could possibly have been CN36, but I really don't know. The S2 Montecarlo shipped on 185/65-14s, which would have been the Pirelli P6.
    DJ Richards
    eBay ID: classic-ricambi
    1978 Beta Coupe, Nero

  8. #8
    Legendary Lancista 1,6 HF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    5,555
    Downloads
    42
    Uploads
    52

    Re: Original equipment tyres for a MonteCarlo - is it Pirelli Cinturato 185/70VR13 CN

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    Pirelli introduced the P6 in the 70s. My new '76 Scorpion came with P6s. They were 175s as I remember which were available as an option.
    If that's the case, then the 185/70-13s on the Montecarlo could have been P6. And if so, I'm surprised that yours were 175s instead of 185s.
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

  9. #9
    Site Founder DJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Pascagoula, Mississippi
    Age
    65
    Posts
    2,930
    Downloads
    73
    Uploads
    42
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Original equipment tyres for a MonteCarlo - is it Pirelli Cinturato 185/70VR13 CN

    Quote Originally Posted by 1,6 HF View Post
    If that's the case, then the 185/70-13s on the Montecarlo could have been P6. And if so, I'm surprised that yours were 175s instead of 185s.
    Possible that my memory is foggy on size. But 175 sticks in my mind for some reason. I had to replace one once and it was an interesting challenge to find one in Dothan, Alabama in the late 70s so I remember the quest pretty well. Montgomery Ward's Auto Center came through for me.

    The rest of the local SCCA members were always jealous of my Pirellis because if it rained at our monthly autocross events I ALWAYS took time of day because of the grip they had in the wet.
    DJ Richards
    eBay ID: classic-ricambi
    1978 Beta Coupe, Nero

  10. #10
    Legendary Lancista 1,6 HF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    5,555
    Downloads
    42
    Uploads
    52

    Re: Original equipment tyres for a MonteCarlo - is it Pirelli Cinturato 185/70VR13 CN

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    Possible that my memory is foggy on size. But 175 sticks in my mind for some reason. I had to replace one once and it was an interesting challenge to find one in Dothan, Alabama in the late 70s so I remember the quest pretty well. Montgomery Ward's Auto Center came through for me.

    The rest of the local SCCA members were always jealous of my Pirellis because if it rained at our monthly autocross events I ALWAYS took time of day because of the grip they had in the wet.
    The P6s were also great in snow. For two winters I commuted 55 mi (each way) from Ithaca, NY to Syracuse, and never had to switch to snow tires. The Beta Coupé's outstanding handling didn't hurt, of course, but still...
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •