Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Legendary Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Original equipment tyres for a MonteCarlo - is it Pirelli Cinturato 185/70VR13 CN

I put a set of P6s on my '78 Sedan as soon as they came out. That woulda been '80/'81?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

Re: Original equipment tyres for a MonteCarlo - is it Pirelli Cinturato 185/70VR13 CN

Quote Originally Posted by davidb View Post
    I put a set of P6s on my '78 Sedan as soon as they came out. That woulda been '80/'81?
    Available earlier than that. Perhaps first available in 14-inch size then?
    DJ Richards
    eBay ID: classic-ricambi
    1978 Beta Coupe, Nero

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1,6 HF View Post
    The documentation I've seen says the P6 wasn't introduced that early. Clearly the documentation must be wrong; I wouldn't doubt your memory even we were speaking of a less-memorable tire than the 1st gen P6. But it's at least a little weird...
    I recall seeing at least two different sources of documentation that didn't agree with each other and neither of them said the P6 was available in 1976.

Pirelli's own website about tires currently available for classic cars indicates that the P7 was available in January 1976 and the P5 was available in January 1977. They don't mention the P6 because I suspect there is little demand for them nowadays so they don't offer them. But if the P7 and P5 were available in that timeframe, it seems reasonable that they also would have had a P6.

https://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-ww/car/collection

Also, there is another reference on their website about the P7 being made available as a road tire in 1975 so even they have some slight discrepancy in their information.

https://www.pirelli.com/global/en-ww...-of-innovation

I suspect we'll never know for sure unless someone gains access to their entire archives and compiles a definitive history.
    DJ Richards
    eBay ID: classic-ricambi
    1978 Beta Coupe, Nero

Downloads
    Uploads

I ran across the same discrepancy on the P7 in Pirelli's own information; that's why I believe the 'documentation' is less trustworthy than your direct experience..
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Thread Information