Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Fulvia 1,3 HF

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Fulvia 1,3 HF

They are non standard..... I have a hydraulic shop that re used the tails and crimped new hoses on. Obviously they would not gtee the hoses but then again they did the job knowing it would be good for the pressures.... The hoses have been on my car for c40,000km with no issues. That includes disconnecting them from the cooler from time to time to get the rocker cover (1600) off.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fulvia-hf View Post
    Hi Tor,
    Very nice work.
    It's great to see it is slowly getting together just like the factory did over 50 years ago.
    One question, Why do you leave the aluminum castings bare?

cheers,
    William

Thanx William

You surely know the amount of petimetric efforts to make it back to former technical standard Your self (You have been an inspiration since I started my Project, you have shown that it is possible to do it). Yes, I was in doubt before I choosed not to paint my aluminum casings. First of all the castings are very

Nice, no corrosion or damage. Excellent aluminiium used in the castings. Second,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	14448

my castings have been bare without Paint since the car was built in 1967. This Picture taken in 1975 shows subframe With Towers, it is bare aluminium on the Towers.

Cheers

Tor

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lancialulu View Post
    They are non standard..... I have a hydraulic shop that re used the tails and crimped new hoses on. Obviously they would not gtee the hoses but then again they did the job knowing it would be good for the pressures.... The hoses have been on my car for c40,000km with no issues. That includes disconnecting them from the cooler from time to time to get the rocker cover (1600) off.
    it's surprising (very lucky) there was enough wall thickness to reshape that fitting like that. looks like a good solution. i was under the impression the oil cooler had standard flare fittings, like jic or similar. is there no modern fitting to interchange?

Tim

I understand you did the same Conversion. The New hoses are a few millimeters less outside diameter but excatly same inside diameter. They can take pressure up to 30 Bar, thats plentyful.

Bmarler

I couldnt find original fittings among my supplyers, but I dont say it couldnt be found somewere. I believe this modification is more than up to the job, wich Tim clearly have experienced through 40 000 km With his HF. Upside is it looks period too.

Cheers

Tor

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tor,

Haven't been using the forum so much last year. Just sat and read through the whole thread here.

Hats of for your work here. It's fantastic!

Did something similar to my subframe, only this work did not include the engine itself.

Will use your fotos and all the info's been discussed here, when I come to that some day.

Bravo!
    Nikolaj Skovron
    1971 Lancia Fulvia 1,3S Coupe

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Norvox View Post
    Hi Tor,

Haven't been using the forum so much last year. Just sat and read through the whole thread here.

Hats of for your work here. It's fantastic!

Did something similar to my subframe, only this work did not include the engine itself.

Will use your fotos and all the info's been discussed here, when I come to that some day.

Bravo!

Many thanx Nicolaj

Cheers Tor

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Racer View Post
    Thanx William

You surely know the amount of petimetric efforts to make it back to former technical standard Your self (You have been an inspiration since I started my Project, you have shown that it is possible to do it). Yes, I was in doubt before I choosed not to paint my aluminum casings. First of all the castings are very

Nice, no corrosion or damage. Excellent aluminiium used in the castings. Second,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	14448

my castings have been bare without Paint since the car was built in 1967. This Picture taken in 1975 shows subframe With Towers, it is bare aluminium on the Towers.

Cheers

Tor
    First of all, thank you for the compliment. Although my car was restored in the late 90's and was perfected in the 00's all updates you send of your restoration bring back memories. IMHO there is only one way to do a proper restoration job. (time, capabilities and money permitting) and that is perfection.
    Funny to see the pic of your '75 subframe. I did not know red suspension parts were in voque around that time;-)
    Anyway I am not convinced about the bare castings being original and that is because I have seen, by having dismantled quite a few subframes over the years, that they were all painted black after assembly. This paint was applied over all bolts and nuts, over the rubber sleeves over the leafspring extremities and over the rubbers between the tup A-arm and leaf spring. It was all hosed over with black paint. The yellow torque stripe was applied over the black painted castle nuts and cotter pins. If you remove some subframe bolts and washers you see that underneath the washers is no paint.
    But I agree that the quality of the castings is great and I can also understand that it looks more 'technical' to leave them bare. Its a mater of choice maybe.

Keep up the good work!

William

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fulvia-hf View Post
    First of all, thank you for the compliment. Although my car was restored in the late 90's and was perfected in the 00's all updates you send of your restoration bring back memories. IMHO there is only one way to do a proper restoration job. (time, capabilities and money permitting) and that is perfection.
    Funny to see the pic of your '75 subframe. I did not know red suspension parts were in voque around that time;-)
    Anyway I am not convinced about the bare castings being original and that is because I have seen, by having dismantled quite a few subframes over the years, that they were all painted black after assembly. This paint was applied over all bolts and nuts, over the rubber sleeves over the leafspring extremities and over the rubbers between the tup A-arm and leaf spring. It was all hosed over with black paint. The yellow torque stripe was applied over the black painted castle nuts and cotter pins. If you remove some subframe bolts and washers you see that underneath the washers is no paint.
    But I agree that the quality of the castings is great and I can also understand that it looks more 'technical' to leave them bare. Its a mater of choice maybe.

Keep up the good work!

William
    Thanks William

You are perfectly right about the red wishbones and anti torsion bar
    Handbrushed With red enamel by the Young restører back in 1975. Regarding the aluminium Towers beeing bare I have not found pics showing that subframe was dismantled or traces of original black Paint on them. Only oily road dust and grime, that was accumulated trough prior years of use and cleaned of by myself last year. Since the car have not been driven a single mile by its own engine this grime is from before 1975. Besides that, some small red Paint spill marks from the brush on the wishbone attachment Points for the pivoting bolts rubber Mounts.

I recall that I have seen subframe Towers in bare aluminium on pics somewere, please chime in if anybody knows,

Towers will not be Painted black if I am proved to be wrong, because they are so beautyful in bare aluminium.

Cheers

Tor

Downloads
    Uploads

Just for the record: the S1 Fulvia towers were factory painted black. There are several pictures of factory new installations that clearly show them black. (as a word of caution: I only can say for S1 Fulvias; it is entirely possible that at a later stage for S2/3 they left them unpainted)

Not saying that means you got to paint them: that's a matter of taste really.
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964
    Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1,3 1968
    Porsche 924 1979
    Alfa Romeo 33 1.4IE 1993

Senior Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

black they were...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

And series 2 / Fulvia 3 were also black according to photo page 220 of Altorio Book and pg 89 (same photo?) of Wim O W book on Fulvia/Flavia.

Thread Information