Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Fulvia 1,3 HF

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Fulvia 1,3 HF

All looks great. The oil cooler doesn't look bad in silver, but they're originally black.
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks awesome! Who sells that exhaust?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Norvox View Post
    Wow Tor - the jobs you did looks great!

I will restore my Cromodoras at some point - Can you describe how they were restored?

Thanx

I wanted to restore my Cromodoras With acrylic Paint as original. Color is RAL 9006 White aluminium, brand Color Matic. I found the webste from an American restorer With a very good explanation what do do and material to use. Be aware that the Alodine prep Liquid is now rebranded as Bonderite by the manufacturer. I bougth a Whole gallon of the stuff, so I have enough for the rest of my stay on mother Earth.

https://stevekouracos.com/restoratio...l-restoration/

Tor

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 1,6 HF View Post
    All looks great. The oil cooler doesn't look bad in silver, but they're originally black.
    Ed, I decided the oil cooler looks best in silver. The cooler was apparantly grey/silver on a pic taken in 1975, so I went for it.

Tor

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Taddraughn View Post
    Looks awesome! Who sells that exhaust?

Justin

Its a restorer/tuner based in Greece. He have made several exhaust for (tuned) Fulvias on this forum.

Tor

Experienced Lancista Castagnero's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe this helps?!

huh?! sorry wrong thread...?! I see it now I thought first post was the last... due to my settings... Stupid me...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fulvia engine lubri diagram.JPG  
    ---------------------------
    Fulvia coupé - 1968

Downloads
    Uploads

Its alive!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2718.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	14689

Made a subframe base from a wodden pallet and put on wheels for ease of moving around.

Name:	IMG_2725.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	673.0 KB 
ID:	14690

Hoisting engine, after loosening from engine stand, in a wodden beam under my balcony With a four-edged Block.

Name:	IMG_2768.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	725.1 KB 
ID:	14691

Radiator, oil cooler With hoses, instruments and primed With oil, soon to start.

Name:	IMG_2770.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	633.1 KB 
ID:	14692

Manometer for checking fuel pressure mounted inline.

Name:	IMG_2772.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	14693

Exhaust, the original Lancia exhaust from 1967 put on before first start (they dont last this long today).

Engine started immidiatly With good oil pressure and fuel pressure.
    The fuel pressure was 1 good psi over wath the DT says. My Reading at manometer was 4 psi.
    Marnix, would one extra gasket help to achieve one psi lower pressure? Chime in if you read this, or other who tried this solution.
    It was not any fuel leaks/spill from the solexes, they hold tight.

Performed a 15 minutes initial run in procedure. All went well, no oil leaks,
    no peculiar noises or misfires. It sounded very good InFact.

Post initial run in, I checked everything. Re Thightened headbolts, adjusted valve clearances, checked cylinders and piston heads wiith my endoscope camera and Changed oil and oil fillter.

The largest milestone in my Project so far.

Now I can llower my shoulders, take easter holliday and grab a beer.

Cheers

Tor

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Racer View Post
    The fuel pressure was 1 good psi over what the DT says. My Reading at manometer was 4 psi.
    Marnix, would one extra gasket help to achieve one psi lower pressure? Chime in if you read this, or other who tried this solution.
    It was not any fuel leaks/spill from the solexes, they hold tight.
    Tor
    I am more used to readings in bar, so I converted. 4psi is 0.275 bar. While a little bit on the high side, it is not really out of specs in the sense that Solex specifies that the needle valve should hold up to 0.35 bar. Solex has been giving a wide variation on the spec foir the operational fuel pressure, going from 0.19 bar to 0.29 bar, depending on the specific version of the carbs. I usually set it (when I have a pressure regulator) to 0.2 bar, but I think anything between 0.2 and 0.3 bar is going to be fine. If fuel pressure is not going up at higher revs, my advice would be to leave it as it is (if this is a new pump, you may find pressure may slightly drop anyway after running in). I am not convinced adding an additional gasket will change much: the fuel pressure is actually regulated inside the pump, and I don't see how that extra gasket is going to change much to the setting of that internal regulator. The other solution would be to fit a fuel pressure regulator, as was done with the majority of S1 Fulvias (a King, or an original FISPA if you can find a good one). I am not sure if we are talking a Fulvia with a fuel return line or not. The Fulvias with a fuel return line were not fitted with a fuel pressure regulator, as the small opening in the connection to the return line acted as a crude regulator. (The very early Fulvias did not have a pressure regulator either, but that was because the early Solex carbs had a different needle valve, without the ball tipped/spring load needle valve; the ball tipped/spring loaded needle valve is good to eleminate vibration effects from the engine, but also makes the needle valve rather sensitive to high fuel pressure). The pressure regulator not only serves to keep the pressure down to the set value, but also to flatten out any pulsation of the fuel pump (at low revs). It is not unwise to add one, even on cars with a fuel return line (on the early Fanalone, they actually had both the fuel return line and the pressure regulator). King sells the regulator without the filter element too, if you are not happy about the glass bowl filter.

Success, and job well done!
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964
    Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1,3 1968
    Porsche 924 1979
    Alfa Romeo 33 1.4IE 1993

Experienced Lancista Castagnero's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Beautiful work Tor!
    ---------------------------
    Fulvia coupé - 1968

Downloads
    Uploads

lets take that pallet for a spin around the block!
    looks great, i'm sure you're very happy with the outcome.
    is your fuel pressure manometer calibrated? it's possible for them to have some error. either way, as marnix says, you are pretty close to the spec, and shouldn't be a problem.
    bmarler/
    1967 fulvia sport zagato
    1961 appia vignale convert.

Thread Information