Thread: 82 Zagato trunk emblems

New Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

82 Zagato trunk emblems

The trunk lid emblems on my 82 Zagato are faded. Any info on replacements or restoration would be much appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: 82 Zagato trunk emblems

Quote Originally Posted by brp2001 View Post
    The trunk lid emblems on my 82 Zagato are faded. Any info on replacements or restoration would be much appreciated.
    There is a guy on eBay that makes decals that restore the appearance of the badges with a vinyl decal. You send him your old ones and he fixes them up. They look nice in pictures. That would be the only option that I know of for the silk-screened style.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lancia-Zagat...38.m2548.l4275

Another option would be getting an older, relief-style emblem from a Beta Coupe (or other variant). They didn't make one that says "Zagato" in the relief style, but you can get ones that say "2000". So the Euro look would be "LANCIA" on the left and "2000" on the right.

http://www.midwest-bayless.com/lanci...82-oe-nos.aspx
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lancia-Bet...-/112165501177
    1974 Fiat X1/9
    1981 Lancia Zagato

Downloads
    Uploads

A while ago I designed some files to make cut-vinyl decals that replace the original faded screen-printing. I'll have to see if I can resurrect the old Mac they were on and grab the files off that drive... You can use a green ScotchBrite pad to remove any printing remnants and buff up the metal; I'd recommend holding the pad down and scrubbing the badge across it in a linear back'n'forth motion to get a nice softly-brushed finish.

My Zag isn't an FI model, so I didn't make the FI version of the badge with full-width blocks and the "Fuel Injection" legend, just the earlier offset-block style. One thing I did add is the Zagato barbed-Z logo on the right side of the Zagato badge, where the Beta glyph would be on the Lancia badge, though you can simply leave off that part of the decal if you don't want it. I always wanted to get a good hi-rez scan of that Beta glyph, so I could make a proper '70s Lancia block-logo badge using that, but I suppose there's enough relief-cast versions floating around if that's the style you want.
    Best regards,
    -Tye (1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider)

"In theory there's no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is."
    -Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Legendary Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Re: 82 Zagato trunk emblems

I believe the E-Bay seller is Raul Dipp-Solus. I got a set of his emblems yrs. ago for my '82. They are
    excellent quality thickly painted gloss black. Better than factory. And take wax well. Worth the price.
    He also used to make & sell LANCIA logoed windshield washer replacement tanks w/new wired pump
    and hose. To be installed in the right front inner fender well out UV exposure. Also hi-quality item.

New Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the info. everyone. No worries SubGothius if you can't find the file, the E-Bay seller is likely the route I will take. I assume with some patience the steel clips that hold the badges in place can be backed off the plastic pins.

Legendary Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gentle prying & turning the surround as tho you are unscrewing it will get the buttons off.

New Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great technique davidb. Worked like a charm.

Legendary Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

The hood cowl fasteners are more easy to remove as they are often a rusty mess. The circular steel
    fastener inserts rust away leaving the cowl to flap in the wind. I think D.J. has new fasteners FWIW.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have now uploaded a .zip archive of my vector files for making trunklid badge decals:
    http://www.lancisti.net/forum/downlo...do=file&id=310

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LBZ-Badges-SAMPLE.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	11902

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LBZ-Badge-Photo.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	11918
    Last edited by SubGothius; 23rd April 2017 at 05:57 AM.
    Best regards,
    -Tye (1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider)

"In theory there's no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is."
    -Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Thread Information