Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: to buy S2 Montecarlo in the U.S.???

Master Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

to buy S2 Montecarlo in the U.S.???

Hi,
    I'd be interested in an S2 Montecarlo. I've never seen one in the U.S. Any out there for sale?

Thanks,
    Jay

Master Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: to buy S2 Montecarlo in the U.S.???

There used to be one in Vacaville, CA. Don't know if the owner is on this list anymore.
    Peter Beaver

Downloads
    Uploads

A couple of Fulvia Montecarlos have traded hands over the past decade or so; there was one on eBay in January 2016. But they aren't common in the US; I know of only 7. So the best way to acquire one is to import it from Italy.

The question is which one you're looking for. All Montecarlos were Series 2 cars; Lancia won Monte Carlo in 1972, and issued the Montecarlo to celebrate that win. Bur there were two series of Montecarlos built: the first based on the standard S2, and the second based on the Fulvia '3'. Additionally, they were built in four national racing colors: rosso Corsa, blu Francia, verde Inghilterra, and giallo Olanda (yes -- I know that yellow was Belgium's racing color; Holland's was orange) -- all with satin black hood, and all built on the 1600HF body shell with steel flares.
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Master Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Re: to buy S2 Montecarlo in the U.S.???

Am I the only one who thinks he's asking about a Beta Montecarlo, not a Fulvia?

Master Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Tony K View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks he's asking about a Beta Montecarlo, not a Fulvia?

I was just about to write that.... I was thinking Beta Montecarlo although I would Love a Fulvia too!

Jay

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by princej3rd View Post
    I was just about to write that.... I was thinking Beta Montecarlo although I would Love a Fulvia too!
    Jay
    Sorry -- I shouldn't have assumed you meant Fulvia. As few of those as there are in the US, I suspect there are fewer S2 Beta Montecarlos. I'd be surprised if there are more than a couple in the country, and I don't recall ever seeing one for sale here.
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Senior Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 1,6 HF View Post
    Sorry -- I shouldn't have assumed you meant Fulvia. As few of those as there are in the US, I suspect there are fewer S2 Beta Montecarlos. I'd be surprised if there are more than a couple in the country, and I don't recall ever seeing one for sale here.
    There are more than a couple actual Beta Montecarlos in the US. Steve Jennes in CA has/had one, Carl Helmetag in Rhode Island owns one, Shaun Folkerts has at least one, a couple in Ottawa at Chuck Story's, there was one in New Hampshire with tribute graphics on it that had large Italy shaped boot on its doors, and then this most famous one just ran a Daytona and is in a collection in Florida.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL9buXmIxYU

https://petrolicious.com/what-its-like-to-drive-a-lancia-beta-montecarlo-at-daytona

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by prorallycodriver View Post
    There are more than a couple actual Beta Montecarlos in the US. Steve Jennes in CA has/had one, Carl Helmetag in Rhode Island owns one, Shaun Folkerts has at least one, a couple in Ottawa at Chuck Story's, there was one in New Hampshire with tribute graphics on it that had large Italy shaped boot on its doors, and then this most famous one just ran a Daytona and is in a collection in Florida.
    Shaun Folkerts' is an S2 Montecarlo. Do you know if Jennes or Helemetag or the NH are S2s? If so that's maybe a handful in the US, which is more than "a couple". But calling a Beta Montecarlo Turbo an "S2 Montecarlo" seems like a bit of a stretch...
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Master Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by princej3rd View Post

Jay
    Just to clarify, are you after an actual Beta Montecarlo or are you generically thinking Montecarlo/Scorpion, or did the S2 not make it over to US?

Thanks

Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by peteracs View Post
    Just to clarify, are you after an actual Beta Montecarlo or are you generically thinking Montecarlo/Scorpion, or did the S2 not make it over to US?
    The US never got the S2 under any name.
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Thread Information