Hi! I made an introduction thread (here: http://www.lancisti.net/forum/showth...San-Francisco) but figured I should be asking questions in the Fulvia forum, and not there.
I am currently going over the car, only having received it a few days ago, and have a few questions. I've gone over several threads in the forum, but didn't find conclusive answers to some of these. I'm sure I'll have more as time goes on.
1. What are the recommended jack points on the car? Ideally I would like to be able to jack each side individually, as well as the front and back individually, and use jackstands. I have a floor jack I'd like to use as well, instead of the scissor one that comes with the car. I know the rear jack point is under the axel, but what about the front and sides?
2. What type of gas should I be putting in the car? Should I be using an additive? When I bought the car, without thinking I put in 87 octane gas (about half a tank) from the local gas station since it was running quite low. I only realized after that the car needs higher octane fuel after reading the manual. Around these parts (San Francisco) the highest octane gas I can get regularly is 91. Because of that, should I be using an additive (either octane booster or lead additive)?
3. How do I get the valve cover off? There is oil leaking from the valve cover gasket on the front of the engine, and it's making quite a mess. I pulled all six of the bolts and spark plugs, and couldn't seem to get the valve cover off to either fix the gasket, or replace it with a new one. Do I just need to pull harder (or pry) or is there something I'm missing?
4. Any particular tips for an oil change and gearbox fluid change? I'm about to do both. Oil with a Mann filter and Castrol 10W-40, and unsure of the gearbox oil. Any recommendations?
5. What is the ballpark for tire pressures front and rear? The car has the stock tire size Michelin XM tires.
Thanks! Here's a few photos after a bath the other day.