Downloads
    Uploads

Brake Servo Rebuild - Fulvia Series 1

Hi,
    I'm in the process of trying to rebuild the brake servo unit for my Series 1 Fulvia Ralle S but have run into a problem. I have obtained a replacement seal kit (coloured red on the attached parts diagram). My issue is the two small rubber 'O' rings, part number 11 and I guess some form of piston, part number 27.
    For whatever reason (previous owners?) Part 27 is missing or is it? From the photo there is a metal insert within the servo body but shows absolutely no sign of movement. It appears to be of a different metal to the main machined body. From the parts assembly photo (bottom left) I can assemble the 'octagon' shaped assembly which fits together nicely onto the main unit.
    Firstly does anyone know what part 27 actually does and should it move at all?
    Presumably items 11 fit onto part 27?
    I dont have part 27, would a later design have removed this part?
    Is it possible to run the car minus the brake servo unit and blocking off the manifold connection?
    Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20150816_185446.jpg   20150816_185435.jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Brake Servo Rebuild - Fulvia Series 1

Hi.

I know it's been a while since this was posted but I came across it whilst searching for info on S1 boosters as I'm about to attempt to rebuild mine.

Firstly, Part 27 is there, 'jammed' in the top hole of the second picture (brass colour?)
    I struggled to remove mine too as it gets quite gummy in there.
    I got mine out by using an 'Easi-Out' screwed lightly into the exposed end.

Did you ever complete your rebuild, and if so, any tips to share.

Many thanks
    Steve

Thread Information