Experienced Lancista mikeymikemcmike's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nearside inner wheel arch pattern

The Nearside inner wheel arch of my Dedra has seriously corroded, so I'm in the process of making and welding in new metal. The problem is that part of the inner wheel arch that meets the outer wheel arch was pretty much non existent. I'm having difficulty visualising how the lower part of the wheel arch should be shaped. The section in question is the bottom edge where it meets and is bonded and sealed to the bottom of the outer wheel arch.I've looked at the photo of the dedra with the rear wing removed but it doesn't really give a good view of how the section in question should be shaped. I've looked at the other side but it is different because of the fuel filler pipe.*Does anyone have any pictures of this section that might be helpful?*

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Nearside inner wheel arch pattern

Quote Originally Posted by mikeymikemcmike View Post
    The Nearside inner wheel arch of my Dedra has seriously corroded, so I'm in the process of making and welding in new metal. The problem is that part of the inner wheel arch that meets the outer wheel arch was pretty much non existent. I'm having difficulty visualising how the lower part of the wheel arch should be shaped. The section in question is the bottom edge where it meets and is bonded and sealed to the bottom of the outer wheel arch.I've looked at the photo of the dedra with the rear wing removed but it doesn't really give a good view of how the section in question should be shaped. I've looked at the other side but it is different because of the fuel filler pipe.*Does anyone have any pictures of this section that might be helpful?*

Mike,
    Is this any help as it shows the outer wng removed, if not I'll check the body section of the workshop Manual.
    Brian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dedra RR Wing removed copy.jpg  

Experienced Lancista mikeymikemcmike's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Nearside inner wheel arch pattern

Quote Originally Posted by fay66 View Post
    Mike,
    Is this any help as it shows the outer wng removed, if not I'll check the body section of the workshop Manual.
    Brian
    Hi Brian,

That picture doesn't help much I'm afraid! What I wanted to see is the general contour of the rear part of the inner arch where it meets the mount for attaching the rear wing at the bottom. I have fabricated and welded on a new mount (the old one was gone!), but getting the shape of the inner arch where it meets this mounting has been difficult.The picture is too "flat" and side-on to show it.
    A picture looking more from the rear of the car to the front would help, but I guess there aren't many pictures like that with the rear wing removed!

Well, I have now fabricated a piece which looks as though it is the required shape and welded it on, so now I just need to weld on the outer wheel arch patch.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1082372_10200869382910435_1790672381_o.jpg   1074062_10200869382430423_1471315649_o.jpg  

Thread Information