Legendary Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

what ? a Gamma Message ?

Gamma seems to have been 4gotten around here; not surprisingly.

Seeing as I just did a 1400km jaunt in 30 hours ina Gam with, as you have assumed, lots of breaks getting to & from destination, lotsa people to see, lotsa drinks to drink (we did); mineral water & Caffè being at topa consumption list; with lotsa plans to plan (we did) & herein reportin that Alps r still growin & there was no traffic anywhere, but lotsa nice weather incl warm rain.

Average 7.8 Liter per 100km, which is great....no periods of hi-speed; instead long construction sites with steady lo-speeds in 5th gear.... long quiez periods of bliss...in fact...the whole drivin experience was bliss.

Oh yes, about 50% lack of brake effectivness on return trip made "forward-thinking" essential..... üerhaps an aftermath of 'racing' at Hockenheim' in this Gam last month ?
    Toppin-up brake-fluid tank with power-steering fluid didn't improve pedal pressure much, but it was the only hydyr-fluid I had on board !

The porpoise of trip was not to get new (to me) Fulvia seats; but this did occur, with lotsa help from friends ! I bought lunch !

I kept the radio off; preferring aluminumy humming rumble (fat exhaust piipe) sound of smooth as silk Gam boxer.

10,000 trbl-free km in 12 months ! ina Gam ! ok; quibble quibble...the brakes must be looked at before I drive anywhere again !
    Last edited by johnny48; 4th June 2011 at 01:22 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: what ? a Gamma Message ?

I'd love to own a Gamma . . .

Downloads
    Uploads

You can own a Gamma. They are all over 25 years old now I believe, and over 25 years, you are free to import whatever you want into the US without issue or hassle.

Downloads
    Uploads

What's stopping me from owning a Gamma is not lack of awareness of DOT rules; it's lack of time, garage space, spare energy to carefully engage in an overseas transaction, and the scarcity of good examples of Gamma coupes! . . . but mostly lack of time and space . . .

Downloads
    Uploads

This Gamma is for sale just around the corner from me, lovely condition almost like new.
    http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C221522

Legendary Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gam were built strong from the beginning; indicating a planned intro in the USA - at some point. As a big brother Beta.

When the planned Citroen/Maserati engine became 'unavailable' & Lancia, having no where else to turn, fell back on a sort-of Flavia flat-four updated motor without having time or funds to 'do it properly' . The probelms became painfully obvious rather quickly (shades of NSU Ro 80). Yes, the problems were solved, rather quickly..........but it cost Lancia a lot of money that they didn't really have. Demand fell to nil.

Pricing the Gam in 6 & 8 cyl Euro luxus-category was no doubt necessary, but only 140 HP from a 4 banger didn't make for a formula to outrace Jag, BMW, Benz etc - thus Gam was pre-doomed to not be a suceess in #'s sold.

Styling ? It may take thyme, but it will grow on you...witness me !°

Interesting as a low-priced eeerrrrmmm performance-car - for current times it is.

Those who own em are rabid about em; there are actually Gam-Collectors with garages full of Gams, my garage has only 3, 1 of which was not bought to be a 'driver'.

Good Gam, in fact ... great Gam.....are available..........probably a # of less-than-great examples as well.

Japan now has 2; Hong Kong recently gained 1 as well; AU & SA always has had Gam; there are many fine examples in IT, there are some...but not very many...in FR & BE. as is the case in DK, NO (2), GR (1 - belonging to a gent from the North Countries).

They are rare in DE, it seems that those that have good-survived are all known. To us who care.

Zhe same less than good 'for sale' Gam pop up again & again.

I've seen some lovely Cps for sale in CH...several (with funny paint schemes) are in Romania, there is 1 Cpe (ex Ital) that is known to Gammisti in Slovenia.

There are quite a few in UK & NL.

Berlina are vry rare these days, Cps are (for Gamma anyway) always available in #'s in a fewl Euro countries.

Most of the good ones are great ones...as for the rest................words can not express......................

I understand that there might be 1 in Sweden (or was once 1) with a turbo Saab motor. Now that would be a thrill - for sure.

Prices are - on paper - on the rise...however I believe that is not actually reflected by prices being asked for top-models by honest-owners. In any case, they will never be cheaper.
    Last edited by johnny48; 4th June 2011 at 01:32 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

There are a few Gammas in the US; at least 1 berlina and 2 Coupés.
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Legendary Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

there is an unloved in need-of-alot but cheap at 1/10th the price Gamma Cpe on DE Ebay at this moment. Lovely color, totally mismatching (faded) interior.

I will not buy, nor go to look at it. Honestly it is already too expensive; a good basis for someone to sink some serious (ouch) € into.

U may or U may not want to read Viva-Lancia English Rramble On - Zil & Woodstock; where I posted a lil' blip about some strange sightings (non Lancia) my eyes today saw.

I swear its true; I swear I was not singing.

Yes, today a saw a moving...for the 1st time...giant 1950's V8 ZIL today; Leo Breznev was not driving it.
    Last edited by johnny48; 4th June 2011 at 06:46 PM.

Thread Information