Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rossocorsa

which engine

yes 1600 turbine smooth easily revs to 7000 , 2000 much more torquey but a bit gruff with it and not so keen to rev especially with carbs, injection is probably the best all round engine but the vx is the nicest to drive, however many say that the 1800 (never imported to the uk in coupé form) is the best of both worlds more torque but also quite smooth and revvy

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: which engine

Quote Originally Posted by rossocorsa
    many say that the 1800 (never imported to the uk in coupé form) is the best of both worlds more torque but also quite smooth and revvy
    I've made contact with a guy in Inverness who has an Allora Stratos replica currently fitted with an 1800 :roll: I've been promised a run in it and am keen to see what the engine's like, it's the only Beta engine that was available in UK that I haven't experienced. He's looking at converting (ultimately) to an Alfa V6 but it'll be interesting to see what it can do with the 1800 - although it won't be representative of the Beta 1800 as the Stratos weighs in about a third of a HPE or Sedan.
    I've suggested a later 2 litre might be better but - like us all :wink: - budgets are tight. It'll be getting a set of twin DCNF fourties and some new cams fairly soon so it really should fly :!:
    Alfa JTDm power

emilio

Practical works on FL / FL2

Hello,
    I'm sorry for this misunderstanding.

My question is :

For each example, is the car a FL or a FL2 :

First one :
    http://www.lumia.net/lancia/coupe

(this one is a 1600)

Second and third one :
    http://www.viva-lancia.com/forsale/beta2.htm
    and search :
    Lancia Beta Coupe 1.3 1981
    Lancia Beta Coupe 2000

Tnak you again,
    Emilio

Senior Lancista Otto-valvole-per-tutte's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish
    It'll be getting a set of twin DCNF fourties and some new cams fairly soon so it really should fly :!:
    Hamish, what cams are you going to use?

:roll:

Cheers, Pieter

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Otto-valvole-per-tutte
    Hamish, what cams are you going to use?
    Cheers, Pieter
    Pieter,
    The Stratos replica isn't mine, but initially it could be a Montecarlo or Beta Injection inlet with standard exhaust :| or possibly and more desirably (depending on budget :! a Guy Croft GC3a inlet again with standard exhaust cam.
    The car is going to be used in local rally events and preparing it to this standard will - I imagine - use up a lot of budget so the engine has to be made quick with whats available :mrgreen:
    Alfa JTDm power

rossocorsa

fl?

the 1600 is FL2 notice the grille and the fact that there are holes to mount the side rubbing strips

the 1300 is a FL but some one has fitted a FL2 grille notice the early bumpers plus no rubbing strips also they never made rhd 1300 FL2's

the beige 2000 car is a FL note lights (would be rectangular on a 2000 series 2 pre-FL)

emilio

fl?

Hello rossocorsa,
    3 good answers ;-)

1/ The first one is a FL2 but note the FL seats (and, maybe, with a strange bodyshell serial number, but this is another story). This one is my car.

2/ Yes I think so too (and the turns of windows are not black)

3/ So this car can't to be a 1982 car but please note that this one have rubbing strips as a FL2
    Note : the advertisement indicates a sun roof but in the photograph the car does not have any :-)))

Bravissimo. The next time that you come to Nice I offer you a drink :-)

rossocorsa

the beige 1982

the answer to the year is that following the rust scandal in the Uk betas were very difficult to sell new that meant cars stood in fields unregistered for a long time. I had a series two berlina that was registered in 1981 but was built in 1979!!!!! so the car might have been 'new' in 1982 but was probably actually built in 1979. in the UK they had so many of these cars that they had to smarten them up with stripes and new paint and sell them as the 'hifi' special edition, it is evident that these 'hifi' cars must have been in poor condition before they were first sold as they are almost non-existant today

Thread Information