Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: My Squirt Install

Quote Originally Posted by John Allen View Post
    here's a couple pictures of the Honda TBs I have. The 600 size (38mm throttles) have the cool plastic trumpets while the 900s (44mm throttles) have a neat secondary set of injectors that can be staged to come on at higher rpm/loads.

I originally bought the 600s for an X1/9 based engine (1500cc) for a sportsracer.... The larger ones are intended to fit on a 2000.

The spacing on the larger set is 80mm o.c. and the 2 'bodies' can be separated to open up the distance. IIRC, the FIAT head intake ports are on 88mm/94mm/88mm o.c. spacing. The 8mm ifference between the head and the TBs can easily be taken up in the manifold porting.

These are really cheap compared to the Suzuki parts and should easily handle the HP we are talking about.
    Wow John, decisions decisions! The 900s would give you the ultimate set up with the secondary set of injectors, and it would only require a little bit of thought on the manifold fabrication - does MS allow for a secondary set? I was looking primarily for a set that actually split up singly, and I think I paid 80 quid for my set up, but sure there are better deals out there. Will wait with interest on this one!

Darren Cooksey
    www.monteservicingandrepair.com - now on Facebook! - http://www.facebook.com/pages/MSMR/260731937362313

Editor - Montecarlo Consortium
    www.montecarlo.org.uk

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Scott H View Post
    It's Wopaneese...

Nice job, Darren!

>Scott
    LOL, good one Scott - thanks for the compliment

Darren Cooksey
    www.monteservicingandrepair.com - now on Facebook! - http://www.facebook.com/pages/MSMR/260731937362313

www.montecarlo.org.uk

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

John Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    does MS allow for a secondary set? I was looking primarily for a set that actually split up singly, and I think I paid 80 quid for my set up, but sure there are better deals out there. Will wait with interest on this one!
    Yes, MS with the 'extra' code does allow for staged injection. Actually multiple strategies on their fuel delivery! I'm not sure about the MS2 code, but I think they have it as well.

You got a good price for your TBs, in the US they go for more.

lanciatomcat

Smile Re: My Squirt Install

Just checked.
    The TB's on Ebay Darren referred to went for 152.09 plus 11.00 postage in UK.
    He did get a bargain.
    Tom

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Getting it together - Part 1

To keep the impetus running, I thought I'd start getting everything ready and make sure the bits were all there - I think I need a bigger bench!

I've been busy and got most of it now - thanks to Jason at Millers Mule, DIYAutoTune and eBay!

I'm hoping this works out of the box!

ECU, oil cooler, filter & take off, plus the unions ready to start running garden hose to make up the proper ones

more to follow

Darren Cooksey

www.montecarlo.org.uk

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Getting it together - Part 2

EDIS & leads, short gear selector, gauges & air/fuel meter

Crank trigger wheel, sensor and bracketry

Swirl pot, high pressure pump, fuel filter, regulator and sensors

Cam wheels, water pump pulley, and Aux pulley

Oil catch tank

A little more to follow!

Darren Cooksey

www.montecarlo.org.uk

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Getting it together - Part 2 and a bit!

And finally........a new vx gearbox!

Darren Cooksey

www.montecarlo.org.uk

John Allen

Jason's stuff that I've seen to date is made for 124s. Did you ask him to make something specific for the Monte???? The pulley spacing is different between the 2 models (as well as the diameter).

Also, I believe is setup uses the 2 'pointer' mounts on the front cover to install the VR sensor - I think the Monte 'front' engine mount may get in the way of that. I have pictures posted in the photo section of the setup I'm going to use. The sensor is on the 'intake' side of the pulley and won't have to be removed to change the alternator belt.

John Allen

My error, I see in your photos that the VR sensor is mounted on the 'intake' side. Hopefully the alternator belt will clear it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

Re: Getting it together - Part 2 and a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    And finally........a new vx gearbox!
    Is it really NEW? I thought I had the last new one on the planet! You're gonna love it.

If you haven't already, don't go through all the work to swap out the vertical shifter rod. I can talk you through a very simple modification to the existing one.
    DJ Richards
    eBay ID: classic-ricambi
    1978 Beta Coupe, Nero

Thread Information