Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    andybeta

Re: My Squirt Install

How's the car progressing? What outings are you planning for it, the Lancia AGM by any chance, as would love to see it?

lanciatomcat

Hi there
    Think you will not get a reply from Darren till, maybe, Tuesday. He is at the Le Mans Classic with the Consortium.
    Regards
    Tom

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by andybeta View Post
    How's the car progressing? What outings are you planning for it, the Lancia AGM by any chance, as would love to see it?
    Hi Andy,

As Tom correctly surmised I've been at Le Mans and spent yesterday catching up with the backlog of work. Picked up the car from the tuners yesterday and now have to get another lambda sensor before trying to tune it again. Still have a few other jobs to do and really do need to spend some time with the family. For those reasons I won't be at the LMC AGM, but planning to show up at the Silverstone Classic assuming I can get proper parking, although not for the whole weekend.

Update to follow shortly once I've got a bit more work done!

Cheers

Darren

Darren Cooksey
    www.monteservicingandrepair.com - now on Facebook! - http://www.facebook.com/pages/MSMR/260731937362313

Editor - Montecarlo Consortium
    www.montecarlo.org.uk

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just to keep you up to date - took the car out for its first long run yesterday to the Auto Italia show at Gaydon - car ran faultlessly - still not 100% happy with the mapping but at least it cruises now and I can drive it while tinkering with the other bits and pieces. As it happened, the Lambda sensor was fine, just needed properly calibrating, but the crank sensor needed to be of the 2 wire variety for the EDIS unit, rather than the powered item I had. A long journey for sure, but ultimately worth it I think. Would I do another one? Yes, definitely, especially as I have learnt a lot of useful lessons!!

Cheers

Darren

Darren Cooksey
    www.monteservicingandrepair.com - now on Facebook! - http://www.facebook.com/pages/MSMR/260731937362313

www.montecarlo.org.uk

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Would I do another one? Yes, definitely, especially as I have learnt a lot of useful lessons!!
    Fly over and do mine lol, hows the tune now? Any dyno results? How does she feel response wise and driveability with the efi?

Cheers,
    Tony
    1977 S1 Montecarlo Spyder-137AS0003243

Downloads
    Uploads

LOL, pay my airfare, and the missus and I'd happily do it! ;o) Just did a bit of tweeking before I wintered the car - will be overhauling it again in a month or so once I've cleared other projects, but on last drive, it ran great - I also have flames on the overrun, which serves to prevent tailgaters on the motorway!!

I have to make an airbox as it is a lot louder now and I can get rid of the airsocks. I think I've also got a resonance issue somewhere too - always new jobs to do!! ;o))

Cheers

Darren

Darren Cooksey

www.montecarlo.org.uk

Downloads
    Uploads

Update on the continuing saga that is LRB! I hadn't done much tinkering with the car at all and ran it as was to the NEC for the Classic & Sportscar Show where the cars got plenty of medical and other attention - see below! LRB came home from there and straight into a garage for the rest of the winter. Lots of other jobs seemed to take over and no further work had been done.

This year was very much the same and it was only last week that LRB finally came out of the garage. This year I was determined to at least have the car running 100%, even if the comestic stuff I fully intended to do over the winter (ie both bumpers!) hadn't been done. After much searching and gnashing of teeth I decided to take the car to a respected rolling road to have the car properly mapped, especially as it has now been fitted with a Guy Croft 3A inlet cam. Driving the car there presented no fueling problems at all, which makes me think that it was overfueled to start with!

Anyhoo, it's there now and I collect it at the end of the week - more info to follow then on the final evolution of this engine. My original plan was that this would be a short term engine before installing the V6, but because LRB has spent so much time off the road for various mods and improvements, I'll think I'll drive it for a couple of years before the next major works begin.

Keep your fingers crossed that all is well come the end of the week. Valve clearances and timings have been checked, as well as temps and a compression test, all ok so far.

Watch this space!

Cheers

Darren
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2197.jpg   IMG_1192.jpg  

Darren Cooksey

www.montecarlo.org.uk

Downloads
    Uploads

Looking great Darren! Even got some attention from the ladies

Cheers,
    Tony
    1977 S1 Montecarlo Spyder-137AS0003243

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tony,

Well the car did anyway! 80) can't wait to get LRB back so I can go play!!!

Cheers

Darren

Darren Cooksey

www.montecarlo.org.uk

Thread Information