Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Master Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Lancia Clubs in the USA

Yeah, I know. I've been a member of the ALC, just can't always find an event I can actually make it to. At one time there was talk of organizing local drives, but I think that kind of fizzled. Guess I'll have to find a way to make the West Coast reunion one of these years

Vx Scorp? Yeah I know Tom. Been awhile, how's he doing? Ken had a turbo Scorp. too. That made quite a pair.
    Any other Betas make it?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LanciaDave View Post
    Yeah, I know. I've been a member of the ALC, just can't always find an event I can actually make it to. At one time there was talk of organizing local drives, but I think that kind of fizzled. Guess I'll have to find a way to make the West Coast reunion one of these years

Vx Scorp? Yeah I know Tom. Been awhile, how's he doing? Ken had a turbo Scorp. too. That made quite a pair.
    Any other Betas make it?
    Actually I couldn't make it this year, but someone sent me photos. The VX Scorp was the only Beta there, but it wasn't a huge turn-out...
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Senior Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've scanned this thread and I think contributed at one point, but have not reread all of it. I've a couple thoughts from an ALC/Lanciana perspective. I've been a member of the club since I bought my Beta in '81 and was editor of Lanciana for years. The club did have a Mid-West Vice President, a guy named Don Stonefeld, in Rhineland WI, I think, who organized events for the Midwest. So there was some getting together of members other than on the coasts and I see no reason why that couldn't happen again. No need for another club. Don wrote some for Lanciana about the cars and organized events. He's no longer in the club registry, but he might be locatable if one was curious about what that was like. Concentration of Lancias on the coasts, I think made getting together easier than in the mid-west.

Lanciana suffered once the internet was up and widely functional. Conversations like this one and most news and expressed enthusiasm for the cars, their maintenance, organization of events, was there. It had real relevance and the magazine was full of interesting self-styled stuff by club members with their sleeves rolled up trying to understand and fix the cars. Community meeting place. Now, of course, forums like this, are much more efficient. I could see this coming and the last thing I did as editor was interview a number of the most outrageous and interesting club characters I could find and run their dialogs/stories. I bet there's still a place for that just there is features on the cars.
    Johnny Keppelman, 1.3 Fulvia coupe project, 81 Beta Coupe (original owner)

Master Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

That was a great feature, thanks Johnny! I remember finding myself surprisingly looking forward to reading those feature interviews. Perhaps it is time to make all old new again. I also always appreciated the hands-on character you brought.
    I suspect Dr Stonefeld must be retired by now. I spoke to him about one of his cars some years back and he was regretting not being able to be as active with it.

Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

There's no compelling reason why the ALC has only West Coast and East Coast reunions -- or only West Coast and East Coast VPs. So there's absolutely no reason why the guys in between can't organize their own annual event. Depending on where it is in any given year, I can imagine some of the guys who currently do the West Coast or East Coast joining you. And I'd be surprised if you'd find anything other than support from the current ALC officers.
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Thread Information