Thread: It Lives!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

It Lives!!!!

Well after over 10 years of working on this car on and off - it's running!!!!! Still need to get the auto-choke set up properly, and get proper guages connected , but it's running!!!! Lumenition fitted in about 5 minutes and ran up no probs at all!!! VERY PLEASED does not even come close!!! ;o)))

Got to get everything else sorted, but this is a great moment and a spur to get it finished and finally on the road!! Now I need to get the other engine checked out and ready to put in with the proper carbs, etc!!

Roughed out the centre console too for the new guages and a readable clock!! Suggestions though for the finish on the guage panel, brown vinyl ot match the rest of it, black plastic, or carbon? OR anything else anyone cares to suggest!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC08561.JPG   DSC08565.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Darren Cooksey
    www.monteservicingandrepair.com - now on Facebook! - http://www.facebook.com/pages/MSMR/260731937362313

Editor - Montecarlo Consortium
    www.montecarlo.org.uk

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

Will

Re: It Lives!!!!

That's just AWESOME, glad you finally got it going!

We didn't all fare so well, got the redesigned cooling sysem filled and found a leak from a porous weld on the head tee. And she won't fire either, spark looks weak.

It's nice to hear at least somebody is making progress!

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Will, I am a little bit chuffed!;o)

Not good news on the t-piece, but I guess it won't be too hard to change? I used a 'lumenition' pack with a sports coil to solve any sparking problems - 5 minutes to fit and no need of messing around with plug gaps - made for the job!! It certainly makes a change for me to be making progress!! Have the pedal box out to move the pedals be the next job, which will be completing brake and clutch system. Watch this space!!!

Darren Cooksey
    www.monteservicingandrepair.com - now on Facebook! - http://www.facebook.com/pages/MSMR/260731937362313

www.montecarlo.org.uk

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

Legendary Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

10 YEARS ? Jesus you're stubborn ! Outstanding
    that's it's running . After 18 months my '82
    LBZ was ready for the bodyshop then I saw a
    Scorp & bought it . There went the dough for the
    bodyshop . At this rate if I don't hit the lottery or
    have a rich relative die I'll never get them done .

Downloads
    Uploads

I wouldn't say stubborn, more slow!!!;o))) Have been very tempted on a number of occasions of buying another, but sense and acceptance that I don't have the room for it (yet!) prevailed. Don't even want to think about the money side of things - a little bit each month over 10 years adds up to a Ferrari, probably!! Good luck with yours!!

Darren

Darren Cooksey

www.montecarlo.org.uk

Thread Information