Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bazza

What springs to fit?

Montrala - 215/45-17 tyres would raise your gearing too much - the ideal size is 225/35-17.

Montrala

What springs to fit?

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza
    Montrala - 215/45-17 tyres would raise your gearing too much - the ideal size is 225/35-17.
    It's just for a start. I must finish this set of Uniroyal Rainsport 1 (they are too small for Evo V and this is just waste of money not to use them) - next one will be correct - 215/40-17 or 225/35-17.

I checked prat numbers, thay you were so kind to post. Fiat Auto Poland doesn't have them (never had) and will not import in finite time :x

Friend of mine (hardcore Alfisti :wink: ) is looking if he can get them from Milan. If not, I'll order Eibach 4909.140.

Montrala

What springs to fit?

I must correct myself. Fiat Auto Poland can import FE springs for me, but no sooner than 3 weeks. 270GBP (incl VAT).

Final price for Eibach 4909.140 springs is 129GBP (incl VAT), but avaiability is still unknown.

I'm waiting for confirmation of avaiability and price from Fiat dealership in Milan (Italy), but I strongly suspect that Eibach is best solution (considering price).

Bazza

What springs to fit?

You could buy the final edition springs from us - I guess the postage to Poland would be about 30.00 and we would not have to charge the VAT as Poland is outside the EEC.

Montrala

What springs to fit?

You could buy the final edition springs from us - I guess the postage to Poland would be about 30.00 and we would not have to charge the VAT as Poland is outside the EEC.
    How much and why that much?

And how fast can I get them?

Bazza

What springs to fit?

Montrala - I've just checked the postal charges and the cost for 4 springs would be 56.75 - delivery time 3 days.

Why so much? - that's what it costs!

The cost of the springs is the FIAT price - I can't control that either!

If you want a spring that works well on your car then they are the best option.

Montrala

What springs to fit?

Montrala - I've just checked the postal charges and the cost for 4 springs would be 56.75 - delivery time 3 days.

Why so much? - that's what it costs!

The cost of the springs is the FIAT price - I can't control that either!

If you want a spring that works well on your car then they are the best option.
    A few posts ago you mentioned "The price now is 172.26 + VAT I'm afraid", but it was never clearly stated "this is price for Fiat OEM FE springs". That's why I ask. :oops: Is that price for OEM FE springs?

I don't complain about shipping cost - I know that shipping for UK to Poland is more expesive that from USA to Poland 8O And Parcelforce already lost one of my packages, and Euro48 is already late with another :evil:

Also I want to make clear - are Eibach 4909.140 worth bothering or only OEM FE springs? Or, are they the same? I've already get confused 8O

J8N HF

What springs to fit?

Montrala
    The Eibach lowered spring was fitted on the Evo Final Edition, so its both OE and direct from Eibach... :wink:
    Jon

Bazza

What springs to fit?

Montrala - the price I quoted was for the FIAT FE springs which are made by Eibach. The other Eibach springs you mention do IMO lower the car too much - unless you are on a billiard table smooth surface you will thrown off line at every undulation because of bump stop contact.

Montrala

What springs to fit?

OK Bazza. Now I understand. Roads in Poland are rather bumpy, harsh and with "rails" made by heavy tucks - so I would prefer springs that can deal with this kind of roads. If my Italian source fail and/or be too expesive I'll let you know.

Thanks!

Thread Information