Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Parts Suppliers and Quality

With the help of those here and searching the internet it would appear there are basically 4 principal suppliers with lots of parts (including trim and cosmetic pieces) for our Fulvias; namely Elvezio, Autoricambi, Lanciavintage and Ricambrio, all in the UK or EU (if others I have missed please let me know). My question concerns the rubber seals and gaskets that are sold by these suppliers, like the door seals, windshield and side window seals, headlight gaskets etc. Do they all have the same supplier for the seals/gaskets or is one better than the other? I ask because this is an issue with many other car makes. Some suppliers will provide seals that are too long, too short, or too thick or too thin. (eg. Alfa door seals were for the longest time too thick and you couldn't close the door without slamming it shut) I would like to avoid buying new seals/gaskets that don't fit properly.

So, from others experiences are they all the same, one or more better with certain items, were you happy with the seals you got and installed?

I have also been looking for a new upper dash (goes across the top) for a later S1. I have only been able to find the S2 version, which I guess do not have the little vent holes at the ends. Anyone know who might have these available?

Thanks for your comments.

Master Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Parts Suppliers and Quality

I'd have to add these people; http://www.cicognaniguarnizioni.it/Lancia-132 quality is outstanding, I used them for all the seals and rubber part on my S2 Zagato restoration. As for do the use the same suppliers? hard to say, an extrusion die for a screen seal would be expensive but not outlandishly so for the bigger suppliers.

Quote Originally Posted by 4thinline View Post
    With the help of those here and searching the internet it would appear there are basically 4 principal suppliers with lots of parts (including trim and cosmetic pieces) for our Fulvias; namely Elvezio, Autoricambi, Lanciavintage and Ricambrio, all in the UK or EU (if others I have missed please let me know). My question concerns the rubber seals and gaskets that are sold by these suppliers, like the door seals, windshield and side window seals, headlight gaskets etc. Do they all have the same supplier for the seals/gaskets or is one better than the other? I ask because this is an issue with many other car makes. Some suppliers will provide seals that are too long, too short, or too thick or too thin. (eg. Alfa door seals were for the longest time too thick and you couldn't close the door without slamming it shut) I would like to avoid buying new seals/gaskets that don't fit properly.

So, from others experiences are they all the same, one or more better with certain items, were you happy with the seals you got and installed?

I have also been looking for a new upper dash (goes across the top) for a later S1. I have only been able to find the S2 version, which I guess do not have the little vent holes at the ends. Anyone know who might have these available?

Thanks for your comments.

Downloads
    Uploads

I know it's a long time ago since I poked around Omicron's stock of used parts but they used to keep a lot of dash tops, so possibly worth a try.
    Brian

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Phil-m View Post
    I'd have to add these people; http://www.cicognaniguarnizioni.it/Lancia-132 quality is outstanding, I used them for all the seals and rubber part on my S2 Zagato restoration. As for do the use the same suppliers? hard to say, an extrusion die for a screen seal would be expensive but not outlandishly so for the bigger suppliers.
    I believe this manufacturer supplies everyone else. Elvisio seem to price match and offer extra discounts than other outlets...

I think Cavalitto need to be on this list.

Downloads
    Uploads

When it comes to rubber body seals, mats, &c., I believe Tim's right that Cicognani is the manufacturer / source for all suppliers.
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Downloads
    Uploads

Have a work with Andrea at Rosso Corsa, (based in Genoa). He speaks both Italian and English. I was over there a while ago and they have an ever increasing stock of standard and rare parts.
    www.rossocorsaitalia.it +39 010 7856846

Downloads
    Uploads

I use https://www.pieces-fulvia.com/ as they have a comprehensive list, a good website with prices and their shipping is reasonable and fast. I do not use anyone that does not have a decent website with prices. Also https://www.bielstein.com/ are reasonable to deal with and freight is good, prices are list inc VAT so it's cheaper than it appears. I am in Australia so freight is important, Italian freight to Aus is very expensive whereas France and Germany are OK.

Cheers

Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

Pieces-Fulvia.com seem quite good plus I like the fact that they will re-furbish parts for you if you can't do it yourself. EG, Brake servos, light switches etc.
    It's amazing what you can find on the internet. I recently had the charge light come on on the Montecarlo. A new alternator was £300 odd but after a search I found some brushes at £2.75! A simple solder job and its working a treat.

Experienced Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the comments and leads. I've spoken to Omicrom (ordered the workshop manual) and they are going to see if they can find a used but uncracked upper dash. Fingers crossed. Elisabeth told me they have a lot more parts than they show on their web site, they just don't have the time to put them up. You need to call or e-mail.

I've emailed Andrea at Rosso Corsa but haven;t heard back. Not sure why some web sites don't post prices. Very time consuming, especially if you are looking for a lot of little things.

I will also check out
    Cicognani. I had heard of them wrt Alfa but never thought to check for Lancia. I know they are the suppliers of most rubber parts for the various Alfa suppliers so it would make sense they are for Lancia parts.

Curious what others do wrt to chrome pieces? Do you send it out for rechroming? There is lots of the exterior aluminum trim available but very little chrome other than the door handes. I'm thinking here the interior stuff (side vents and seat adjusters).

Thanks again for the assistance.

Downloads
    Uploads

4thinline.
    I will whatsapp Andrea at RossoCorsa now. I know they are very busy with restorations etc. Omicron are very good and competitive on a lot of parts. RossoCorsa come out cheaper a lot of times. If you don't hear back within 8 hours please let me know, regards,Mike

Thread Information