Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: RHD VIN on LHD Fulvia Zagato

Still can find no evidence of a body number, I have sanded back through 3 resprays and cannot feel anything on the underside.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190909_195144 Resized.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	244.8 KB 
ID:	15041

Maybe they put them somewhere else or nowhere at all in South Africa or someone has gone to a lot of trouble to hide it.

Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

I may be mistaken but I think I can see an outline of some numbering above where you have sanded??!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lancialulu View Post
    I may be mistaken but I think I can see an outline of some numbering above where you have sanded??!!
    Looks like it has been hand written or etched above the area that has been sanded, if the car is from South Africa, they do not seem to have the chassis number stamped in the gutter as per the usual location, they do have an extra chassis plate assembled by Daihatsu South Africa (plate is in red).

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I have the Daihatsu Red Plate but as the colour is I think a 1973 colour I was suspecting that the body was not the same as the plate, however we will never know if they did not stamp them in SA and as has been discussed in another thread the SA cars may not have been painted in Lancia colours anyway.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Martin1133 View Post
    Thanks, Brian

Useful feedback. Perhaps in this case a Lancia Classiche certificate would be worthwhile ? Unless it confirmed/compounded the seeming error?
    Bringing back to the original thread subject....

I don't think Sports (Zagatos) were built (screwed together) in South Africa.

Given there were many fewer RHD chassis Sports made by the Zagato factory (now deceased) it does not make much sense to convert one of these to LHD. Can we see a photo of the vin plate?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by NeilS View Post
    Looks like it has been hand written or etched above the area that has been sanded, if the car is from South Africa, they do not seem to have the chassis number stamped in the gutter as per the usual location, they do have an extra chassis plate assembled by Daihatsu South Africa (plate is in red).
    Are you sure the paint isn't hiding letters and numbers stamped around he drivers side upper subframe mounting?
    I'll try and find the photos showing the stamping in that location on my friends Daihatsu built Fulvia Coupe.
    Brian

Thread Information