Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Scorpion #621 revival

Quote Originally Posted by davidb View Post
    I hope you replaced each cowl drain tube (s). Lancia used condom thin rubber cowl
    drains rather than hoses. INSIDE the footwells! Assinine design. They fail, ya got
    rusted out floors. V. common. 3/4" heater hose fit nicely over the cowl nipples.
    I have not yet...where would I find those? I can do it now since the carpet and console isn't in yet.

tJ

Master Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Where the brake and clutch fluid reservoirs are. Look near them in that space, in the low spot, there should be a hole. You can poke it with a pipe cleaner or a straightened out metal coat hanger. Wiggle it down in there to poke out any debris or trapped fluid. Follow it down to see where it goes.

Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by thinkjedi View Post
    As far as the rearview mirror goes, I was planning using a Porsche 914 mirror pad. The mirrors are nearly identical...in fact, I bought one to replace the factory mirror.
    Just to confirm what you probably already know, you need to use a double-sided adhesive pad made (by 3M, I think) specifically for mirror attachment, as any other type of adhesive will be either too rigid (leading to a cracked windshield with thermal expansion/contraction) or else flexible enough but not sticky enough.
    Best regards,
    -Tye (1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider)

"In theory there's no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is."
    -Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LanciaDave View Post
    Where the brake and clutch fluid reservoirs are. Look near them in that space, in the low spot, there should be a hole. You can poke it with a pipe cleaner or a straightened out metal coat hanger. Wiggle it down in there to poke out any debris or trapped fluid. Follow it down to see where it goes.

Dave
    I found them both. Leaves were covering one of them. The other was clear and easy to spot. I poured water down both and they drained where they were supposed to...under the car and not in the car. Thanks for the help!

tJ

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SubGothius View Post
    Just to confirm what you probably already know, you need to use a double-sided adhesive pad made (by 3M, I think) specifically for mirror attachment, as any other type of adhesive will be either too rigid (leading to a cracked windshield with thermal expansion/contraction) or else flexible enough but not sticky enough.
    Well, I was lucky...I found another Montecarlo mirror with good glass and a good rubber glass retainer that I was able to swap onto my mirror. No removal was necessary.

tJ

Legendary Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Re: Scorpion #621 revival

You found them (drain hoses): good. If you don't replace them NOW, while accessible: not
    good. Don't trust that original, ancient, thin rubber to last! Do the htr. hose NOW!

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'll replace them. Thanks for the tip!

tJ
    Quote Originally Posted by davidb View Post
    You found them (drain hoses): good. If you don't replace them NOW, while accessible: not
    good. Don't trust that original, ancient, thin rubber to last! Do the htr. hose NOW!

Thread Information