Thread: Cooling Fan

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cooling Fan

I'm working on a series 2 Fulvia sport and the cooling fan is dead. While this one looks factory correct and fits well I am fairly sure that it was switched at some point in its life as on the side of the fan is stamped "Ford Motor Company" complete with part number, and my fan is red as opposed to I think the correct yellow.

Figuring that the Ford part may be easier and cheaper than the original fan I decided to go look for one. Punching in the part number revealed that it was for a 76 to 83 Ford Fiesta which of course is not available, or I have not found one.

A little more research and I found a 2002-2006 Honda CRV motor fits but not the fan.

Anyone have a solution setup that uses the original housing. I have a problem paying 250 for an original used fan when a new fan motor from honda is just 25 bucks. I just need to find the fan and motor that will fit into the housing as it looks as if someone did previously.

Kevin

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Cooling Fan

Quote Originally Posted by KLHarper View Post
    I'm working on a series 2 Fulvia sport and the cooling fan is dead. While this one looks factory correct and fits well I am fairly sure that it was switched at some point in its life as on the side of the fan is stamped "Ford Motor Company" complete with part number, and my fan is red as opposed to I think the correct yellow.

Figuring that the Ford part may be easier and cheaper than the original fan I decided to go look for one. Punching in the part number revealed that it was for a 76 to 83 Ford Fiesta which of course is not available, or I have not found one.

A little more research and I found a 2002-2006 Honda CRV motor fits but not the fan.

Anyone have a solution setup that uses the original housing. I have a problem paying 250 for an original used fan when a new fan motor from honda is just 25 bucks. I just need to find the fan and motor that will fit into the housing as it looks as if someone did previously.

Kevin
    the yellow fan reminds me of the fan in my old fiat 124. (i think). my memory is pretty hazy regarding that time period...
    bmarler/
    1967 fulvia sport zagato
    1961 appia vignale convert.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Quite a few other Fulvia bits on there as well worth looking at.
    Brian

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks I ordered it from them.

Hopefully all will be good

Thread Information