Downloads
    Uploads

Ignition swith/barrel and lock servicable?

From time to time i have an ignition swith failer. Then the engine turns over butt the new electrical fuel pump is not working. When i move the key a little bitt i hear the fuel pump turning and the car starts on the spot; So i presume there is something wrong inside the ignition swith barrel. Is the ignition swith/barrel servicable?
    R16, Moretti 124S & 850S, Mini Cooper,OpelGT1900, Ford capri 1.6GT, Toyota MK2 & Liftback, Fiat 126 & X1/9,Triumph TR7, CX, Audi 5E, Porsche 924,944 & Carrera GT, Ford probe V6, Lancia Beta-Delta-Kappa-Montecarlo, Alfa GTV 2.0TS, Mercedes SLK171

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Ignition swith/barrel and lock servicable?

Nobody? :-)
    R16, Moretti 124S & 850S, Mini Cooper,OpelGT1900, Ford capri 1.6GT, Toyota MK2 & Liftback, Fiat 126 & X1/9,Triumph TR7, CX, Audi 5E, Porsche 924,944 & Carrera GT, Ford probe V6, Lancia Beta-Delta-Kappa-Montecarlo, Alfa GTV 2.0TS, Mercedes SLK171

Master Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

first thing I would do is remove it, spray it out with electrical contact cleaner, confirm that all the connections on the back are good. I don't believe it's easily serviced if it's the same as my Fiat 124s.

Master Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Also check for burnt wires. Yep, sounds like your ignition switch is getting a little hinky. This should give you a place to start:

<https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/xweb/ignition-switch-rebuild-photos-t12852.html#p87498>

Dave

Thread Information