New Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Front shock absorbers - Torque setting

Hi,
    Have completed the rear , now moving to the front shocks & ARB , the bar seems far more straight forward than the rear, however am thinking about the top mount - checked the data sheet and couldn't find any torque setting for the top mount bolt - Does anyone know the setting ?
    Much appreciated
    Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Front shock absorbers - Torque setting

I don't know what the torque spec is for this (or if one is specified) but you could just use the size and grade of the hardware to determine what torque you should apply. I think there are a couple instances on the Fulvia where the specified torque exceeds what the bolt would normally be torqued to based on its size, but I wouldn't think this would be one of those cases.

So if no one chimes in with the official Lancia torque spec....
    https://crafter.fastenal.com/static-..._Fasteners.pdf

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fulvia888 View Post
    Hi,
    Have completed the rear , now moving to the front shocks & ARB , the bar seems far more straight forward than the rear, however am thinking about the top mount - checked the data sheet and couldn't find any torque setting for the top mount bolt - Does anyone know the setting ?
    Much appreciated
    Steve
    When I finnished my front suspension I remember I looked for torque settings for the top mount bolts in the DT. I did not find that information, but thinking over it, I realized that you can not use anything near the capasity of the M10 or M12 (dont recall the size of the upper attachment point).

The isolastics will compress so much that you will have too much transfer of road unevenness. I set a torque that compressed the isolastics only a llittlle bit.

Tor

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Racer View Post
    When I finnished my front suspension I remember I looked for torque settings for the top mount bolts in the DT. I did not find that information, but thinking over it, I realized that you can not use anything near the capasity of the M10 or M12 (dont recall the size of the upper attachment point).

The isolastics will compress so much that you will have too much transfer of road unevenness. I set a torque that compressed the isolastics only a llittlle bit.

Tor
    To be fair there should be a spacer tube that the top nut locks down onto.

I think it is M10 from memory but some shock absorbers have a locking double nut so it is not a problem just do up till the nut bottoms onto the spacer. You may need to stop the shock absorber turning at the end....

I would always try to reuse the oem rubbers rather than what comes with non stock shocks (like spax for example proved rubber mounts that are too small).

For the lower mount 2kgm

Thread Information