New Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

ARB Cotton reel bushes - NIGHTMARE

Hi ,
    Am replacing my rather worn ARB rear bushes , have come to the cotton reel bushes on the top of what i'd call the drop link , and am stumped , I just can't seem to get them in , just wondering if there is technique , trick , tool , or am I just not using enough brute force , any advise on the matter would be gratefully appeciated . So far I've focus on the standard square on threaded rod / vice methods , however they just seem to get to a point were nothing has happened except the bush deforms , just cant the lip to go into the drop link , and i give up before I feel it is going to tear the lip off .
    Guidance much appreciated - Steve

New Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: ARB Cotton reel bushes - NIGHTMARE - Resolved

Well - problem resolved , it was the threaded bar technique that was causing the issue - works for metal cased bushes , however seems that the bar down the centre prohibits the rubber bush from deforming enough to slip through drop link . Ended up just pushing it through and in with the vice , changed to silicone spray for lube as well which seemed to help , a few deft pushes with a screwdriver & done . All new ARB bushes throughout and the set up is far tighter, all the slop has gone , plus changed the shocks and first impression is that it's a lot tighter in the rear - just need to do the same for the front .
    Steve

Thread Information