Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Painting seat base and pivot bar.

Evening, I decided to take the drivers seat out and give it a first initial clean as the runners were very stiff barely moving and was also slightly loose.

I was thinking of painting the seat frame and pivot bar with hammerite silver paint while it was out......any reason not to ?

Also the back rest feels as if its full of balast/stones, Im not intending to recover the seats any time soon.......anyone had this issue before, any ideas why ?

Cheers.

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Painting seat base and pivot bar.

I went ahead and painted the seat bases but just polished the pivot bar.

As to the question of the lumpy seat filling I think that its just the original foam that has dried into honeycomb colour fine dust...which is now leaking through seems of the vinyl covers.

I also took the seat runners apart to clean them , unfortunately on one of them one of the roller wheels that the allow the runners to work is missing....it still operates but cannot be extended fully.
    I could try and fabricate one (Aluminium wheel with some type of rubber coating or tape.) but wondered if the runners appear for sale very often ?

Cheers.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Robin4963 View Post
    I went ahead and painted the seat bases but just polished the pivot bar.

As to the question of the lumpy seat filling I think that its just the original foam that has dried into honeycomb colour fine dust...which is now leaking through seems of the vinyl covers.

I also took the seat runners apart to clean them , unfortunately on one of them one of the roller wheels that the allow the runners to work is missing....it still operates but cannot be extended fully.
    I could try and fabricate one (Aluminium wheel with some type of rubber coating or tape.) but wondered if the runners appear for sale very often ?

Cheers.
    i haven't really seen the seat runners for sale often, but you might check the classified section as there's a member there frequently selling bits and pieces.
    when i re-covered the seats in mine i found missing rollers too but i made some from delrin (nylon) round stock to replace them. any local machinist could do the same for you.
    bmarler/
    1967 fulvia sport zagato
    1961 appia vignale convert.

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'll refurbish the passenger seat then fabricate something myself......no need to pay for the full runner as they are in good shape......thanks for responding.

Thread Information