Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

The dubious history of my 68 Fulvia Coupe

Over the last while, I've been putting a blog together about getting my car back on the road.

There's a few bits in the blog you might find useful/interesting.

https://68fulviaresto.blogspot.com/?m=1

Ta, Wil
    1968 Fulvia 1.3 Rallye - In Progress...

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: The dubious history of my 68 Fulvia Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by OneIsWell View Post
    Over the last while, I've been putting a blog together about getting my car back on the road.

There's a few bits in the blog you might find useful/interesting.

https://68fulviaresto.blogspot.com/?m=1

Ta, Wil
    Will go back to read in more detail but I flipped through all the posts and man... after 14 years it has to feel good just to have it on the road even if it still has a few issues.

Really sucks about the paint being done improperly but I've been there. Family '69 Camaro project got a paint job that looked great but chipped if you looked at it wrong.

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, it feels really good. The car really drives well and it looks like the guys that were helping (actually they were doing all the work) are going to help me again.

Downloads
    Uploads

congratulations are in order i'd say. it's funny about old cars, it seems that memory will hold them together for ages, but if you start tearing into them, they just seem to crumble in your hands. you just need to resign yourself to the fact that every single thing you take off will need complete revision. and a lot of the stuff you need either isn't available or costs an insane amount of money. and then, you have this newly redone part next to the shabby remainder, so you decide to continue... my wife calls it "chasing the bad spot". she gives me the look, (you know the one) shakes her head and walks off muttering something i can't quite hear.
    but i digress... well done! enjoy the results of your effort for a while before you start on the respray. the car looks terrific and you should just drive it for a bit.
    bmarler/
    1967 fulvia sport zagato
    1961 appia vignale convert.

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, when I got the price for the brake parts I thought it was a mistake. £400 per caliper not including brake pads.

I kept a spreadsheet for the total cost to get it from what it was to what it is. I come out in a sweat every time I look at it. 😳

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by OneIsWell View Post
    Yeah, when I got the price for the brake parts I thought it was a mistake. £400 per caliper not including brake pads.

I kept a spreadsheet for the total cost to get it from what it was to what it is. I come out in a sweat every time I look at it. ������
    Ouch.. I guess that's to be expected though considering that just the cylinders from them ran me about 1000 USD. I can't wait to see how much better the car brakes with them though.

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Glad you have it on the road, being a new owner myself I did look through your blog and it gave me an insight in to some of the nagging things I have to work through.....Non working heater fan and washer pump. Scraping noise on certain points of the steering arc, potential full beam issue and a good inside freshen up likely including floor strip (Is the sound deadening that water retaining felt like material ?......I definitely want that out).

I do own a 1968 Alfa GT Junior, when I bought that it was a toss up between that and a Fulvia. Being my first step into classic car ownership the availability of parts for the Alfa swung it. Perusing the internet for parts suppliers particularly in the UK its clear to me that with the Fulvia it going to be a) trickier and b) Far pricier to track these parts down.......but fun nonetheless.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Robin4963 View Post
    Glad you have it on the road, being a new owner myself I did look through your blog and it gave me an insight in to some of the nagging things I have to work through.....Non working heater fan and washer pump. Scraping noise on certain points of the steering arc, potential full beam issue and a good inside freshen up likely including floor strip (Is the sound deadening that water retaining felt like material ?......I definitely want that out).

I do own a 1968 Alfa GT Junior, when I bought that it was a toss up between that and a Fulvia. Being my first step into classic car ownership the availability of parts for the Alfa swung it. Perusing the internet for parts suppliers particularly in the UK its clear to me that with the Fulvia it going to be a) trickier and b) Far pricier to track these parts down.......but fun nonetheless.
    you might think about joining the uk based lancia motor club. big membership there with lots of support. nice folks too...
    bmarler/
    1967 fulvia sport zagato
    1961 appia vignale convert.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    you might think about joining the uk based lancia motor club. big membership there with lots of support. nice folks too...
    Here Here!!!

http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yup, I will register there shortly.

Cheers

Thread Information