Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

lowering front suspension of fuliva berlina s2

how much lowering woud you recommend for a Berlina S2? i just want to make her look a bit "sportier". i dont care about reduction of ride-comfort or legal apsects.

65mm high rubber blocks?
    50mm high blocks?
    70mm hig ones made in rubber?

http://shop.historicracing.de/Rubber...ing-65mm-lower
    http://shop.historicracing.de/epages...HRW-10-23-0405
    http://shop.historicracing.de/epages...ts/HRW-10-0213

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: lowering front suspension of fuliva berlina s2

Personally I keep my 2c Standard, go for a coupe if you want the more sporting version.
    You could however contact Omicron in the UK, as one of their employees has done exactly what you want to do, and ask if you could speak to him, assuming he still works there, if he doesn't then perhaps they could put you in contact.
    Brian

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

very expensive "solution" for lowering a berlina, buying a Coupé....

Downloads
    Uploads

First Fulvia funny car. Low at the front high at the rear!

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

might be

rear will follow in a 2nd stage....

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by alfas View Post
    how much lowering woud you recommend for a Berlina S2? i just want to make her look a bit "sportier". i dont care about reduction of ride-comfort or legal apsects.

65mm high rubber blocks?
    50mm high blocks?
    70mm hig ones made in rubber?

http://shop.historicracing.de/Rubber...ing-65mm-lower
    http://shop.historicracing.de/epages...HRW-10-23-0405
    http://shop.historicracing.de/epages...ts/HRW-10-0213
    i would think a 10mm drop from original might be a good compromise of looks/handling. i have to agree they look good with a little bit lower stance.
    don't know if i'd do it myself though, the berlina has such a good reputation for road manners.
    bmarler/
    1967 fulvia sport zagato
    1961 appia vignale convert.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have always liked the Fulvia Berlina but not so much for its stance. When compared the the Giulia TI it always looks too senior, too serious, and much slower.
    And if you want to change the stance of your Giullia you have a million options were for the berlina there are none. Only the components made for the coupe might work like the lowered rubber blocks. Leaf springs are not interchangeable. I would like to know what the compressed height is of the stiffer but lower blocks of historicracing.de. I have spoken to those guys last year at Spa and they are very serious about their engineering and speak english so send them an Email. Compare this with the compressed height of your own blocks, which have probably already sagged a little, and pick one with at least one cm less compressed height. But as opposed to guessing I'm sure those guys at Historic racing can tell you what the ride height changes are for each block. Another modification to perform on any Berlina which suspension is lowered is to get negative camber front suspension. As much for looks as for cornering ability. Do not shorten the top A-arm but lengthen the bottom A-arm with the fanalone dimension ( I believe it was 1,5cm) plus the 0,5cm the top one is shortened on the Fanalone. Makes for a much easier modification as the top one is difficult to modify and as the berlina body is wider than the Coupe body it will not make the front wheels foul the arches.
    Cheers,
    William

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_image1.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	403.5 KB 
ID:	14913Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_image2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	129.6 KB 
ID:	14914

the left car was once mine and the right one I found on the internet. If I was still owning a berlina I would go some were in between the two. 1,5" widened steel wheels, few inches lower suspension, keep the bumpers and replace the original wine colored seats with wine colored upholstered S1 Hf buckets and a Fusina wheel. I would also Fit a 1300Hf specced engine and five speed box... I will probably never happen but dreaming is allowed isn't it?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fulvia-hf View Post
    I have always liked the Fulvia Berlina but not so much for its stance. When compared the the Giulia TI it always looks too senior, too serious, and much slower.
    And if you want to change the stance of your Giullia you have a million options were for the berlina there are none. Only the components made for the coupe might work like the lowered rubber blocks. Leaf springs are not interchangeable. I would like to know what the compressed height is of the stiffer but lower blocks of historicracing.de. I have spoken to those guys last year at Spa and they are very serious about their engineering and speak english so send them an Email. Compare this with the compressed height of your own blocks, which have probably already sagged a little, and pick one with at least one cm less compressed height. But as opposed to guessing I'm sure those guys at Historic racing can tell you what the ride height changes are for each block. Another modification to perform on any Berlina which suspension is lowered is to get negative camber front suspension. As much for looks as for cornering ability. Do not shorten the top A-arm but lengthen the bottom A-arm with the fanalone dimension ( I believe it was 1,5cm) plus the 0,5cm the top one is shortened on the Fanalone. Makes for a much easier modification as the top one is difficult to modify and as the berlina body is wider than the Coupe body it will not make the front wheels foul the arches.
    Cheers,
    William

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_image1.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	403.5 KB 
ID:	14913Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_image2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	129.6 KB 
ID:	14914

the left car was once mine and the right one I found on the internet. If I was still owning a berlina I would go some were in between the two. 1,5" widened steel wheels, few inches lower suspension, keep the bumpers and replace the original wine colored seats with wine colored upholstered S1 Hf buckets and a Fusina wheel. I would also Fit a 1300Hf specced engine and five speed box... I will probably never happen but dreaming is allowed isn't it?
    is it advisable to only modify the lower arm without also shortening the top? seems like it would impact the axle interface.
    bmarler/
    1967 fulvia sport zagato
    1961 appia vignale convert.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    is it advisable to only modify the lower arm without also shortening the top? seems like it would impact the axle interface.

I have done this modification on the 1600FSZ of a friend. No problems whatsoever. You will have to move the lower ball joint point to the front as well as the 1600 geometry has more caster angle.

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

that looks fine!!!

i was driving several giulias in the past.....than moved to british cars, now back to italian cars....

i like the simple "square" box-design of the berlina (as well as the giulia), but have you seen how much a giulia meanwhile costs?
    obvisusly the alfa is easier to tune: you can stick-in a 2L engine in a 1300 gilia without further modifications....and this transofrms the car really well.

with a lancia there arent many choices....but meanwhile my driving-style became also a bit "quieter", so the 1300 engine with the 5-speed box is enough. more important is a a sportier "look".....

Thread Information