Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fulvia checklist

As I mentioned in my introduction I am going to view a 1971 S2 1.3s coupe tomorrow and thought I'd try and put together a list of the most important things to check.
    Specifically things that I may deem not of great importance but due to parts availability or repair costs should be high on my list of priorities.
    (Main body/structure checks Front subframe, rear suspension boxes, sills, bottom of doors......)

I am intending to use the car as a year round regular driver (Mostly weekends....no snow/ice) so a solid/sound running car is what I'm after......I have neither the space or skill for a project but do have a neighbour who is a very capable mechanic to do any major work. I am happy to do all minor refurbishment/parts replacements as part of a rolling 'Tidy up'.

Any advice gratefully received.

Cheers.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Fulvia checklist

Join the Lancia Motor Club!!! There are members local to you with experience to come and assist in this type purchase decision. I should add that the club does not offer advice on specifics and any support is purely (but with loads of Lancia specific experience) from a personal point of view.

As you can see I live in Colchester and fun 3 Fulvias.....

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the advice, it's on my to do list.......my Brother is a member owning a Delta Integrale EVO 2.

Many thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

In addition to checking the front sub-frame rear mounting boxes and sills, feel the inner wheel arches with your hands to check for rust (pretty hard to see, maybe even impossible when a tire is mounted).

Definitely also look at the engine flange that the starter motor mounts to and make sure it has the correct engine number for the car (818.303 in this case, I think). You could also check the cylinder head and block numbers but I'll don't know what those should be for the S2 303 engine but people on here could definitely tell you if you want to check that.

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Super thanks.........I'll use the reverse camera on my phone to shed some light on the wheel arches in case of any rust/cracks

Downloads
    Uploads

Bottom of doors, rubber seals, water ingress round windscreen, rear valance, rear number plate panel, lift boot mat- look round top of tank, age of tyres, smoke from engine, noises, slick 5 speed or baulky?, interior serviceable?, does engine breath excessively when hot - open oil filler cap....

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Very useful many thanks.

Owning an Alfa GT junior parts availability is not an issue given what can be sourced specifically in the UK.......Lancia parts it seems from my research is a more difficult proposition.....in comparison atleast.

Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads

There's are a couple of buyer's guides in the Download section under Fulvia
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Perfect, have that with me.

Cheers

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Viewed the car, honestly described.
    Could see no signs of rust in any main areas (floors/sills/doors/boot/lid) or anywhere for that matter.
    Subframes and all mounting points that I could see were solid rear boxes also.
    Pulled nicely no noises, engine/chassis numbers tied up.

Negatives

Internal fan didn’t seem to work, controls seemed stuck...... significant ???

Drivers door card a little tatty needs replacing.
    Passenger door poorly painted... shut lines were good and no rust at the bottom.

Other than that seemed a genuine solid car.

Question, what is the ballpark price (UK specific) in what seems to be a slowing market.

Cheers

Thread Information