Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Viewing an S2 Fulvia

Hello all, Ive been lurking for a while reading the forum and thought it time to register and benefit from the knowledge of owners and experts.
    I own an S2 1968 Stepfront Alfa GT Junior and am looking to acquire a Fulvia to use as my regular driver.

I have always loved the Fulvia having owned a Toy Polistil model as a boy and now having got bored of owning modern sports cars 997 911 and currently an Jaguar F-Type S (Depreciation, tax, running costs and the fact they can't really ever get properly driven) I am intending to buy a Fulvia to use regularly, which for me is weekends only for short trips.

I will attach the car in question so you can provide advice or comments......as best as possible from the limited info.
    I'm aware, as on all cars of this age rust is key, with front subframe mounts and rear suspension points the main areas on Fulvias and also to allow for funds to be made available for work however good the car may appear/drive.

So there you have it, any thoughts advice comments good or bad appreciated.

https://lightningquartergarage.com/f...lye-coupe-1-3/

Cheers

Robin.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Viewing an S2 Fulvia

Hmm I think that’s a big question and I found myself in thesame situation when I was looking for my S2 coupe.
    The best advice is go and see as many candidates as possiblePrivate, Retail and auction sales and you will soon get a feeling for theproduct.
    There are as I am sure you realise, many imported from SouthAfrica and Italy claiming to be rust free and not all are! It is always nice tosee paperwork associated with the cars history and I found this was frequentlythe case are cars being sold through auction.
    Good luck
    Maurice

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for coming back.
    Owning a 67 Alfa I am somewhat aware of potential issues and costs (However thus far its proved to be a very decent shape for a 50yr+ car.....I guess I'll know fully when the bare metal respray is done next spring!).

I am under no illusion that whatever I buy will need some work and constant maintenance and care to keep it on the road as a regular driver.

I just want a car that is solid and usable and that can be improved over time if needed....hopefully avoiding a 'Wrong'un'
    I don't want a show queen or something overly precious, I want something I can use and enjoy.

Looking at recent prices here in the UK, 10-12k would seem to be a fair price for a car in decent shape ?

Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads

Thread Information