New Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Distributor for 1972 Lancia Flavia 2000

Could anyone confirm that the distributor for the 2000 is the same as for the earlier Flavia models? I have found some part numbers in the catalog that overlap with earlier parts (such as Marelli 815.400) but I want to be 100% before I order. Also, has anyone tried the electronic distributors from 123ignition and have an opinion to share?

Thank you!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Distributor for 1972 Lancia Flavia 2000

Can't comment on the correct Marelli for a 2000, but I've been very happy with the 123 distributor on my Fulvia
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bwpettus View Post
    Could anyone confirm that the distributor for the 2000 is the same as for the earlier Flavia models? I have found some part numbers in the catalog that overlap with earlier parts (such as Marelli 815.400) but I want to be 100% before I order. Also, has anyone tried the electronic distributors from 123ignition and have an opinion to share?

Thank you!
    The distributor for Lancia 2000 (type 820.000) is Marelli S102 D. The earlier Flavias have S102 A, B or C (Berlina 815.00 had S90B). The advance curve of the S102D differs significantly from the others.
    Hubert
    Flaminia GT 3C, Flaminia Convertibile 3C, Flaminia Coupé-project-, Flavia Convertibile 1.8, Fulvia Sport 1.3S, A112 Abarth 70HP, Mercedes Benz Unimog U406

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bwpettus View Post
    Also, has anyone tried the electronic distributors from 123ignition and have an opinion to share?
    the 123 is an excellent solution if you want something that works without any hassle whatsoever. I have it in my Fulvia, and a friend has it in his Flavia 2000. It's as close to "fit and forget" as it gets.
    I also know many others that prefer either the original or an upgraded original (hall sensor) for various reasons (including cost), so there are other options. But all of them come at the cost of more fiddling and/or maintenance.

Bernt

Master Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

We have a 123 distibutor fitted to our `63 Pininfarina coupe and have been very happy with it, so much so that we acquired one for our s2 Fulvia coupe after verifying the original Marelli was worn. Since sold the Fulvia coupe though but probably will keep the original points in our Fulvia 2C berlina.

Thread Information