Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: New Member from Massachusetts - 1976 Scorpion

As long as you're running the FIAT exhaust cam and box, i'd just throw a FIAT Spider 2000 Marelli distributor on it. BTW, it can be run off the Scorpion intake cam if the gear is swapped.

Quote Originally Posted by dmsiceman View Post
    Hi,
    Yes, I have done that test and there was no spark. So I had then replaced the points and condensor, which did not make any difference, and was about to check the coil, but when I was removing the wires from the coil, the stud completely broke off the coil housing. So that is why I decided it would be a good time to go with an electronic ignition and a new coil. So I would greatly appreciate it if someone could recommend an electronic ignition and coil that would be compatible with my existing distributor/2liter block set-up. Thanks.

New Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: New Member from Massachusetts - 1976 Scorpion

Hi, Also from MA!

....Also with a long time Scorpion, not all that far from you either, I'm in Lynnfield.

Are you going to either Tutto Italiano at the Musueum of transportation or the NE Fiat club get together in Brunswick/Agusta?

If not, Hope to catch up sometime either way

J

Quote Originally Posted by dmsiceman View Post
    Hi, I just found this forum and decided it was about time that I joined. I have owned my 1976 Lancia Scorpion for about 40 years now. I am the second owner and bought the Scorpion after having three Fiat X1/9. I have always been a "car guy" and enjoy driving and working on cars. The Scorpion has always been somewhat of a project car. I had installed a 2 liter Fiat block after the original engine blew, and at different times installed higher performance cams, larger carburetor, Ansa exhaust, racing harness seat belts, etc. I have not been driving it much over the past few years, because I just have not had the time, but I want to get it back on the road.

The current issue that I have with the car is one that has existed for a while. The car will start fine when the engine is cold, but once it has warmed up, if you shut it off or if it stalls, it will not re-start until it cools off for about 20 minutes. I have re-built the carburetor, replaced the plugs, points and condensor, but can not figure out what the problem is. One thing that I am considering doing is to go with an electronic ignition, as I am a bit concerned that there might be an issue with heat affecting the distributor since with the Fiat 2 liter block, the distributor is right above the exhaust manifold. If anyone has experienced a similar situation, or can recommend a possible solution, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Thread Information