Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lancia Elephant emblems ciolour?

Hello, I have noticed that the HF elephants both exist in red and in blue. Does anyone know the story behind the colours? I´ve read somewhere that they started blue and then switched to red later, I´ve personally only seen the red ones on cars but I´ve seen blue ones on pictures...

Is there any difference in the meaning of the red vs blue elephant? Like one for racecars, other for roadcars or whatever it could be? Or is it just a random colour they used to put on some cars...?

There are also white and black ones available but these are aftermarkets and I am not sure if these exist from Lancia..

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Lancia Elephant emblems ciolour?

Originally it was an elefantino rosso -- red. It was used as far back as the Lancia Squadra Corse in the early '60s. And it remained red on the HF emblems through the '60s and '70s at least. In the late-'80s or '90s there were some special Delta(?) editions that used blue. But those were exceptions
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Lancia Elephant emblems ciolour?

Quote Originally Posted by 1,6 HF View Post
    Originally it was an elefantino rosso -- red. It was used as far back as the Lancia Squadra Corse in the early '60s. And it remained red on the HF emblems through the '60s and '70s at least. In the late-'80s or '90s there were some special Delta(?) editions that used blue. But those were exceptions
    In 1999 I bought a new LHD Ypsilon Elefantino Rosso from Rotterdam and imported it to the UK, as RHD Lancia's were last sold in the UK in 1994/5.
    Consequently Lancia ceased trading in the UK.
    My Rosso had the red elephant badges, on the grille, the B pillars and the tailgate, it was also on items inside.
    the Rosso was the top of the range model, but there was also a blue elephant for some models further down the range.
    The Red and Blue Elephants were also available as key rings.
    Brian

Thread Information