Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: 1975 Montecarlo Messicana

I believe the colors on those cars were not metallic. That Verde 154 looks like a possibility.

Thanks for posting the images.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have seen a few other photos of it over the years. It was definitely, absolutely blue.

It is also referred to as being blue in this article: https://www.norcallanciagroup.com/si...rera-Messicana

If you just do a google image search for Lancia Scorpion or Lancia Montecarlo and scroll through the hundreds of pictures, you will see some of the green and several of both shades of blue so you can get a good idea of what these colors look like.

I always thought it was the non-metallic blue 153 -- and would still believe so --

However there were a couple of model cars by Polistil specifically of the Messicana cars, and their blue one appears to be metallic and looks very much like 142 metallic blue . . . That's not the most solid testimony, but it is worth noting. It even has a picture of the Messicana car on the box . . .

That event was done for publicity; surely someone must have better photos than the scarce few on the internet!

Another idea is to contact the American Lancia Club; maybe there is someone still active in the club who was there or remembers it. Maybe start by checking some of the names in the article linked above?

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Tony K View Post
    I have seen a few other photos of it over the years. It was definitely, absolutely blue.

It is also referred to as being blue in this article: https://www.norcallanciagroup.com/si...rera-Messicana

If you just do a google image search for Lancia Scorpion or Lancia Montecarlo and scroll through the hundreds of pictures, you will see some of the green and several of both shades of blue so you can get a good idea of what these colors look like.

I always thought it was the non-metallic blue 153 -- and would still believe so --

However there were a couple of model cars by Polistil specifically of the Messicana cars, and their blue one appears to be metallic and looks very much like 142 metallic blue . . . That's not the most solid testimony, but it is worth noting. It even has a picture of the Messicana car on the box . . .

That event was done for publicity; surely someone must have better photos than the scarce few on the internet!

Another idea is to contact the American Lancia Club; maybe there is someone still active in the club who was there or remembers it. Maybe start by checking some of the names in the article linked above?

Forget my Verde comment, was only looking at color on my screen. I agree with your nonmetallic blue 153.
    There were two separate issues of Gente Motori with articles. I have the original magazines and the color changes with every photo, but all blue

Thread Information