Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

New/returning member from NY

Hello my name is Jim and I'm a 40k mile Beta Sedan owner since 1986. 2nd owner. Car has been off the road since about 1993 or so. Been in a never ending state of restoration. Sometimes I don't touch it for years. Actually had it sold on eBay back in 2011. Got sick of looking at it so decided it was time to go. Needless to say, buyer bailed and never even contacted me after the sale. I mean, WTF. Hope to have it painted and reassembled this summer. God willing

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: New/returning member from NY

Welcome Jim, good luck. All it takes is time, money and motivation..maybe start a thread on your car to help with the motivation?

Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome back!
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by boulderz View Post
    Welcome Jim, good luck. All it takes is time, money and motivation..maybe start a thread on your car to help with the motivation?
    Welcome (back) to the forum. I'll say the thread I have going has REALLY helped with motivation. I'd probably have taken some breaks after getting frustrated a couple different times if not for the support of the people here. I'd love to see more build threads here too!

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks all for the hellos, support and encouragement. I’m also working on a 16v Scirocco which has been eating up a lot of my time. It’s newer and currently more exciting.

Downloads
    Uploads

good luck with the beta, i'm sure it will be a great feeling to get it back on the road.
    i'm interested in hearing about the volkswagen too. i have a few of those laying about as well. got a build thread anywhere?
    bmarler/
    1967 fulvia sport zagato
    1961 appia vignale convert.

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    good luck with the beta, i'm sure it will be a great feeling to get it back on the road.
    i'm interested in hearing about the volkswagen too. i have a few of those laying about as well. got a build thread anywhere?
    Hey thanks for reaching out. It's so cool talking to folks with similar interests across the country and world for that matter. No build thread on the Scirocco . I am on the VW Vortex under the same name. I've had several Sciroccos over the last 30 years or so and actuall a couple of passats and a couple of Dashers too. Kinda where my heart is with the Dubbs. The Lancia is a love hate relationship with an acquired taste. Not the easiest to work on at least the Beta. Parts, forget about it!! 20+ years I looked for a windscreen wow. Finally scored one about 100 miles from me about 5 or so years ago. The guy said you better come get it quickly before it gets any more dust on it lol. Had it since the 80's. Not too many sedans around. For some crazy reason I held onto this one and let so many others go that admittedly I regret. Maybe there's a reason. And you're right, it will be a great feeling to get in on the road again. I pray it's soon but that Rocco has been consuming me. Best regards, Jim

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyspirits View Post
    Hey thanks for reaching out. It's so cool talking to folks with similar interests across the country and world for that matter. No build thread on the Scirocco . I am on the VW Vortex under the same name. I've had several Sciroccos over the last 30 years or so and actuall a couple of passats and a couple of Dashers too. Kinda where my heart is with the Dubbs. The Lancia is a love hate relationship with an acquired taste. Not the easiest to work on at least the Beta. Parts, forget about it!! 20+ years I looked for a windscreen wow. Finally scored one about 100 miles from me about 5 or so years ago. The guy said you better come get it quickly before it gets any more dust on it lol. Had it since the 80's. Not too many sedans around. For some crazy reason I held onto this one and let so many others go that admittedly I regret. Maybe there's a reason. And you're right, it will be a great feeling to get in on the road again. I pray it's soon but that Rocco has been consuming me. Best regards, Jim
    maybe i'll see you on vortex sometime. i'm there too, not as often as i used to, (different name) got a mk3 jetta, mk6 jetta and b5 passat. i guess you could say i have the dubb affliction too.
    i happened into the lancia world by accident, but i'm really enjoying myself here. i love the engineering, and the aluminum castings are artwork.
    i find the people that are drawn to lancia are a very diverse group. very different than other marquees. you'll find engineers, architects, and the like. makes for some interesting conversation.
    keep us posted on the beta as it comes along, there aren't as many around as there used to be, and they're well worth saving.
    bmarler/
    1967 fulvia sport zagato
    1961 appia vignale convert.

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

I’d say you’re a VW guy at heart. Lancias are definitely well built and engineered. I know that the Beta is not considered a “real” lancia like the pre Fiat cars. I only bought it because I’d never heard of one and was intrigued. Seller was 81 at the time and the price was good. Well maybe not for 1986 $$. $675. Was asking $750. Soon after, paint just started peeling hence the long restoration time.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyspirits View Post
    ... I know that the Beta is not considered a “real” lancia like the pre Fiat cars...
    Except it's nonsense. Ask anyone who thinks that if they also think a Stratos or a Delta Integrale is not a "real" Lancia.
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Thread Information