Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Epsilon three-piece wheels 4x98 15x7/15x8

My project Scorpion came with a nice set of three-piece Southern Ways Epsilon wheels in 15x7 front, 15x8 rear and I'm willing to sell them to fund some Ronal A1 wheels in 15x7 all around. Current tires mounted are 195/50 front, 225/50 rear. I believe these wheels weigh approximately 16-17 lbs each (fairly light for a wide, genuine three-piece wheel) and should be able to be narrowed or widened to whatever spec you need, by virtue of their three-piece design. These wheels are popular with Lotus Esprit owners, for whatever that's worth -- I've seen several Esprits wearing these.

Photos show the wheels mounted on my car several years ago below (check out the vintage Pirelli P7s!). They're still on the car now and I can take more detailed photos for those who are seriously interested. They look nice and will clean up well -- the polished lips are nearly perfect but the black centers are a bit faded and could stand to be refinished if your car has very good to excellent cosmetics.

These would be great track tires or just nice street wheels for those who want to run wider tires. I want to run 205/50s all-around, so the rears are too wide for my use.

$800/obo available with near full-tread, five-year-old Falken summer performance tires mounted or without.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011-tamas-2.jpg   2011-tamas.jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Epsilon three-piece wheels 4x98 15x7/15x8

Quote Originally Posted by RJ80 View Post
    These wheels are popular with Lotus Esprit owners, for whatever that's worth -- I've seen several Esprits wearing these.
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

And yes, they are indeed popular with owners of early Esprits. Easy to see why! There are more tire choices for 15" wheels, and there is no better looking aftermarket wheel for an Esprit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	454HProfileNov2016web.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	377.2 KB 
ID:	14617Click image for larger version. 

Name:	October2016Driveway.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	160.5 KB 
ID:	14616

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Tony K View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

And yes, they are indeed popular with owners of early Esprits. Easy to see why! There are more tire choices for 15" wheels, and there is no better looking aftermarket wheel for an Esprit.
    I love Esprits! Great car... My Brooklands road test compilation book has a great period comparison article between a Series I Esprit and the Montecarlo. The edge went to the Lotus of course. It was a closer call than one might expect and the Monte was praised for delivering only slightly lesser performance for significantly less money.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RJ80 View Post
    I love Esprits! Great car... My Brooklands road test compilation book has a great period comparison article between a Series I Esprit and the Montecarlo. The edge went to the Lotus of course. It was a closer call than one might expect and the Monte was praised for delivering only slightly lesser performance for significantly less money.
    I have that article! Yes, it was an interesting comparison because neither car -- particularly the Montecarlo -- fit squarely into a market segment. The Monte was alone in its price/performance range, and the Lotus, while faster and more expensive, cost less than its target market of cars like the 308 and Merak (and had fewer cylinders). Interesting times . . . the obvious answer is to have both cars!

Good luck with the sale of the Epsilons -- they are great wheels. Mine are very true and round, and the Lotus drives very smoothly and handles beautifully with them.

Thread Information