Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lancias seen at Amelia

Last weekend we attended the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance. There are many events around the show - Auctions, Cars and Coffee, and the show itself. I was delighted by all the Lancias in attendance. My wife and I took over 2500 total pictures of all the different cars, including almost 200 of Lancias alone. Here are some highlights.

If anyone on here is familiar with any of these cars (especially owners!), please comment. I'd like to learn more. All the descriptions I give are from the literature given by the auction houses or the signs in front of the cars at the show. (so don't blame me if I get the year or other details wrong!)

At Bonhams auction. 1962 Lancia Flaminia. Went for a bargain price. The auction estimate was $35k to 45k but sold for only $22k. I wish I had bid. I loved the car and would have taken it for that price (or a few thousand more) if I had space in my garage.

Also at Bonhams. 1951 Lancia Aurelia B20GT "pre-series" Coupe. Did not sell. Auction estimate was $175k-225k. It was the first time I have seen an Aurelia in person. Lovely car and so elegant in person.

At "Blue Chip". Lancia Aprilia Cabriolet by Langenthal. I wasn't able to find out much about this car. It was simply on display for some concept called "fractional classic car ownership" (which reminded me of Time Shares except you can never drive it). The concept seems strange to me but the car was nice!

And at Sotheby's. There were two. A 1963 Lancia Flaminia 3C 2.5 Cabriolet by Touring (sold for $134k) and a 1952 Lancia Aurelia B52 Coupe by Vignale (did not sell). Between the angle of the sun and the tent over the Aurelia, it was difficult to get good pictures. And for some reason, there was a big ball of plastic wrap in the Flaminia.

When I had checked on-line for what was going to be at the auctions before we left for Amelia, I was most excited about what Goodings had to offer. A 1955 Lancia B24S Spider America. What a work of art!

And finally on Sunday, the main event - The Concours d'Elegance. Four Lancias were competing. 1932 Artena Spider. 1934 Belna Eclipse. 1954 B24 Spider. 1959 Appia GTE.

This was not our first trip to Amelia for the Concours but there seemed to be more Lancia presence than we have seen. I regret that we did not drive the Fulvia down there. We were worried about driving it 800 miles round trip on the expressway with monster SUV and semis blowing by us and I did not want to drive the back roads across south Georgia and north Florida (I've done it before and don't need to do it again). Again, I hope some of you experts can comment about the cars and teach us some more. If anyone wants access to the picture albums, send me a PM. Just don't judge our photography skills.
    Life's too short to drive boring cars. Nothing boring: 1968 Lancia Fulvia Rallye 1.3, 1969 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 1973 Opel GT, 1973 Porsche 914, 1973 Triumph TR6, 1979 Triumph Spitfire, 1966 Lotus Elan, 2005 Lotus Elise, 2003 Jaguar XKR

Experienced Lancista Castagnero's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Lancias seen at Amelia

What a stunning Aurelia! A work of art...

Quote Originally Posted by DrinkMan View Post

When I had checked on-line for what was going to be at the auctions before we left for Amelia, I was most excited about what Goodings had to offer. A 1955 Lancia B24S Spider America. What a work of art!

And finally on Sunday, the main event - The Concours d'Elegance. Four Lancias were competing. 1932 Artena Spider. 1934 Belna Eclipse. 1954 B24 Spider. 1959 Appia GTE.
    ---------------------------
    Fulvia coupé - 1968

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for posting those
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Castagnero View Post
    What a stunning Aurelia! A work of art...
    That car went unsold and now is being offered for $1,400,000. (maybe I should buy some lottery tickets)
    Life's too short to drive boring cars. Nothing boring: 1968 Lancia Fulvia Rallye 1.3, 1969 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 1973 Opel GT, 1973 Porsche 914, 1973 Triumph TR6, 1979 Triumph Spitfire, 1966 Lotus Elan, 2005 Lotus Elise, 2003 Jaguar XKR

New Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Flaminia is a 2.5 3B with a freshly and fully rebuilt engine. Work was done by a very reputable shop in Vermont with lots of vintage Ferrari experience - they were also the seller of the car. The math doesn't work out too well for them knowing a bit about the costs associated with a Flaminia engine overhaul. Having corresponded with them a couple of years ago regarding the car it sounded like a good, solid driver with a good amount of mechanical work done. Someone got a nice deal here.

Thread Information