Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fulvia Series 2 Wiring

Further to my recent thread re Headlights upgrade to halogens, I need your help in trying to map out the wiring around the relays(solenoids) for the Low Beam and High beam

The Coupe Wiring Diagram (818.630) in the Red Concise Repair Manual shows the main solenoid No.31 and relays for the Low Beam No.30/High Beam No.32

I intend to replace Nos 30/32 with modern relays to cater for the extra power required for the halogen headlights, so I'm mapping the wiring from the old to the new. However on relay No.32 (the High Beam relay) there is a Yellow wire that is puzzling me. It goes from the main solenoid (31) terminal 56b to relay (32) (terminal 2). 56a appears to be an earth but does anyone know the purpose of the yellow wire on 56b?

Thanks

Russ

New Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Fulvia Series 2 Wiring

Quote Originally Posted by Scienceruss View Post
    Further to my recent thread re Headlights upgrade to halogens, I need your help in trying to map out the wiring around the relays(solenoids) for the Low Beam and High beam

The Coupe Wiring Diagram (818.630) in the Red Concise Repair Manual shows the main solenoid No.31 and relays for the Low Beam No.30/High Beam No.32

I intend to replace Nos 30/32 with modern relays to cater for the extra power required for the halogen headlights, so I'm mapping the wiring from the old to the new. However on relay No.32 (the High Beam relay) there is a Yellow wire that is puzzling me. It goes from the main solenoid (31) terminal 56b to relay (32) (terminal 2). 56a appears to be an earth but does anyone know the purpose of the yellow wire on 56b?

Thanks

Russ
    I think you are creating work for yourself Russ, just use the original wiring (at the light) to trigger new relays and new wiring direct to the relays and from the relays to the lights, job done, quick easy and totally reversable, i even bought a plug and play upgrade kit from ebay. you connect direct to battery, mount relays in engine bay and it comes with plugs, one into new upgarded bulbs and one into the original wiring loom to trigger the new relays and new feed.

it is an easy and very effective upgrade, totally reversible, you just plug the original wiring back into the lights. Chasing the wires through and upgrading sounds a nightmare and a load of work.

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Fulvia Series 2 Wiring

Job done!! You were spot on with your approach, I followed it to the letter and it all works. It just goes to show that there are always different ways to achieve things. Many Thanks for your info.

Still intrigued though by what that yellow wire is for.

You have not added Hazard Lights by any chance have you? Because I was successful with the above it allowed me to move on to fitting a hazard flasher/switch. I wired it all up by tapping in to the Blue and Blue/Black wires coming off the steering wheel cluster, just before it hit the first junction box. The Hazards worked a treat, but then I realised that the indicators didnt, so had the undo where I had linked in

I thought I was on the output side of the indicators by tapping in at that point because I knew I had to keep away from the indicator flasher side of things. My assumption was that the flasher unit was the live feed to the indicator switch, so by tapping in after the switch was the way to go- how wrong could I be

Cheers

Russ

Thread Information