New Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

(almost) NEW Lancia Beta transaxle, or parts, for sale

As I have been in the parts business for a long time, occasionally I get some really good deals on parts that are impossible to find.<br><br>I recently acquired Lancia Beta Berlina transaxles that had been removed from cars with about 40 miles on them. Yes, 40 miles, not 40K. These can be considered to be <strong><u>NEW</u></strong> transaxles.<br>They can be used as is in front wheel drive cars, or can be used in a Scorpion or Montecarlo with changing of the right side stub axle for a flange. You have that flange in your old transaxle.<br> They may have a&nbsp; 14/61 or a 14/59 final drive, as both were offered in 1975. I am not going to open them up to find out. I would suggest you at a minimum change the oil...<br>If you have a noisy Beta gear box with a funky gear, this will cost you less than the bearings and other wear parts. And if you need a gear or two, what a steal!<br><br>I want to clean my warehouse of bulky items taking up space. Shipping to you, if you don't want to pick it up in Santa Cruz California, can be expensive. And if you need it crated or put on a pallet for your forwarder, I may ask you to cover my costs on that.<br>I also can offer the services of a forwarder to the lower 48 that will not require a crate.<br><br>On my web store here&nbsp;https://www.fiatplus.com/TRANSAXLE-WITH-40-MILES....html<br>Please note that if you buy it off my web store, freight costs will not be included, and will be in addition.<br>Make me a reasonable offer if you feel my asking price is too much. I need the space.<br><strong></strong><br>Chris Obert<br><br><br>&nbsp;

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: (almost) NEW Lancia Beta transaxle, or parts, for sale

Lancia did stamp the ratio on the outside of the 'box in 1981. Can't say for sure if they did it before that or not. It's by the LH output on the back side by the shifter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13123018_1271498489544306_5969920795327664839_o.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	572.0 KB 
ID:	14567
    1974 Fiat X1/9
    1981 Lancia Zagato

Experienced Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

I remember being at a Lancia Club gathering in Seattle in 1979, where a drawing was held to select the new owners for 20 nearly brand new Beta engines. As I recall, these had been removed from new Betas that had been purchased by General Motors for testing and development on the new "X-car" series (Chevrolet Citation, etc) of front-wheel-drive cars. There is a list of the winners in the club magazine, and the note "Thanks to all who entered, and particular thanks to Fiat of North America, who made these engines available to us for distribution."

I wonder if these transaxles were part of the same deal? 40 years ago.

Edit: Just read the info about these on Chris's website. Undoubtedly the same deal to some extent.

Legendary Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

They were offered thru LANCIANA mag too. IIRC $1.4K or $1.7 K was the ask per.

New Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LanciaPaul View Post
    Lancia did stamp the ratio on the outside of the 'box in 1981. Can't say for sure if they did it before that or not. It's by the LH output on the back side by the shifter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13123018_1271498489544306_5969920795327664839_o.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	572.0 KB 
ID:	14567
    Paul,
    I examined one of the transaxles this morning, it had none of the identification of your 1981.
    Chris Obert
    Owner, C.Obert & Co.
    Santa Cruz, CA, 95060, USA

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!
    - Mario Andretti

Failure is usually caused by not knowing what you don't know.

- John Smith

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by chris obert View Post
    I examined one of the transaxles this morning, it had none of the identification of your 1981.
    Could be something they started doing when they introduced other final-drive ratios and/or started stocking replacement units; if so, these might reasonably be presumed to have the earliest ratio equipped for the engine size they were originally paired with.
    Best regards,
    -Tye (1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider)

"In theory there's no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is."
    -Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Thread Information