Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

UK Registration plate for imported '61 Flaminia

Hi, Does anyone know what sort of registration plate DVLA will give me when i register a 1961 Lancia in the UK?
    Will I automatically be given a period (pre '63) number with 3 numbers and 3 letters?
    Thanks in advance.
    Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: UK Registration plate for imported '61 Flaminia

Without a doubt if your log book or equivilant shows a 1962 build date, then you'll get a 3 letter, 3 number combination, (can't remember which way around).
    In this respect this is better then UK registered vehicles that were given a plate relevant to year of registration Irrespective of when it was built.
    A few years ago a lhd Fulvia 2c built the back end of 1965 was given a C plate when imported.
    My 2c was built in about May. 1965 but because it was first registered on 1st January 1966 was given a D suffix, so the newer 2c carried an earlier number plate than the older one.
    Such are the vagaries of the Dvla and its predecessors!

Brian

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: UK Registration plate for imported '61 Flaminia

Brian,

Thanks, very helpful and reassuring.
    Best
    Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by fay66 View Post
    Without a doubt if your log book or equivilant shows a 1962 build date, then you'll get a 3 letter, 3 number combination, (can't remember which way around).
    In this respect this is better then UK registered vehicles that were given a plate relevant to year of registration Irrespective of when it was built.
    A few years ago a lhd Fulvia 2c built the back end of 1965 was given a C plate when imported.
    My 2c was built in about May. 1965 but because it was first registered on 1st January 1966 was given a D suffix, so the newer 2c carried an earlier number plate than the older one.
    Such are the vagaries of the Dvla and its predecessors!

Brian

Thread Information