Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Experienced Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: 1981 pagato don't know if i should paint or sell

Hello, we live fairly close! I’m in yellow springs
    Having owned dozens and I still have 3 I’d tread lightly based on if you want simply a driver quality Lancia or if painting it then I’d plan on keeping. Prices still not risen enough to offset the restorations

I sold the first Zagato on Bring a trailer, Red 81 and it is the only one to crack low 5k as the 2 recent were low $5s. Mine sold for $7200.

It was by far the nicest I’d ever owned or seen. The paint alone would be $4-5 and the car was mechancally and cosmetically beautiful. You’d be upside down quick on it.

if you do decide you want to sell it let me know, if need any Ohio guidance let me known as well. I’m not the mechanic but have good contacts. Enjoy
    Jerry

Experienced Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Where is your rust areas? How bad?

Is it a never installed windshield or used, removed? I might have a buyer.
    Jerry

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks like he chose to paint it . . .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-Lancia...%7C1000%7C2500

Legendary Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Re: 1981 pagato don't know if i should paint or sell

I guess he decided he'd never sell it w/o a re-paint. But that color? Yikes! I can't feature
    that as a factory color? Or it's original color?: why the black engine compt? Oh well ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Right color, wrong car

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3300 (1).JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	392.4 KB 
ID:	14702

Quote Originally Posted by davidb View Post
    I guess he decided he'd never sell it w/o a re-paint. But that color? Yikes! I can't feature
    that as a factory color? Or it's original color?: why the black engine compt? Oh well ...

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ccrutchleo74 View Post
    I bought a1981 Lancia Zagato last year because i have owned two previously and it brought back memories. The car runs and drives well. It did not stop well when i got it but a new Booster and Master Cylinder fixed that. This was a California car until about 5 years ago. 104K miles pretty well documented. Lots of Mechanical work has been done to keep it healthy. It has some body rust but is very good compared to most. My intentioned was to work on it myself for the brake repair but bending over the hood at my age just didn't work so i sent it out. So do i keep it and "have" body restored (because i don't think i should do it) or sell it. If the pics i have show up on this page they will show it being brought back on trailer after brake work. Then a pic of me trying to drive it in the snow. I should have know better but need to check brakes. I will sell it now for 3k but after paint it would have to be at least 6k. I don't see many of them go for that much. Comments?
    I have lots of spare parts for your 1981 Lancia Zagato if you still have it. email zagato8182@verizon.net

Experienced Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chad C. View Post
    I was just reading on another forum about a guy lamenting being too old to swap the engine on his Fiat X1/9, you guys are reminding me that I need to complete all that I want to complete while I can.

I'd recommend doing something with the car before Spring that endears it to you. Things like an interior refresh, or some top end upgrades for the engine. I'm not exactly young (45), and I've been jacking up my car with my big floor jack to minimize the strain on my back while working on bodywork. It helps a lot. My eyes aren't what they used to be, I had to get a magnifying glass to read the jet numbers on my Weber DCNFs. It was indignant, but I got it done. I've since gotten glasses.

My neighbor Rusty turned 90 last year, and he's been working on his original 650 Triumph Bonneville for a while. I saw him ride it down the long gravel driveway from his house onto the country road we live next to just the other day. Brought a tear to my eye, & gave me hope for myself.
    I like to forget age,but im 74 & rebuilt the engine on my 81 Zagato just over a yr. ago ,I put a beam up in my shop & lifted the body off the sub frame, lots of work but well worth it,I agree its a pitty the value of these cars are so low, they must go up in price, I enjoy driving mine,

Thread Information