Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Taddraughn's Fulvia Coupe: Progress Thread

Quote Originally Posted by boulderz View Post
    Believe it or not, when I bought my 72 Fulvia it arrived with a 1091 cc Berlina engine. And, believe it or not, I bought a correct 1.3 (818.303) engine for it from...Minnesota! Seems Fulvia motors are plentiful in the land of 10,000 lakes.

So weird! The story with the one I just bought was that some rally car wannabe wrecked it decades ago and the guy bought the car from him as a project he never ended up doing. He sold the chassis years ago and is selling his house soon. I saw the PHH 35 carbs up on ebay and got them for $150. Sent a PM and got him to keep the whole engine off ebay and sell it to me. Sort of interested to see if people here think $500 is good or bad price for a full engine. I really have no clue what the going rate is. The guy thought it was worth much more but was very motivated to move it because he's selling his house.

Pretty interesting yours also had the smaller engine. I think there's been one on BAT a long time ago that also had the same thing. I wonder why so many people swapped to the smaller engines? Maybe just the sheer amount of berlinas produced made spares easy to obtain?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

Believe it or not, when I bought my 72 Fulvia it arrived with a 1091 cc Berlina engine. And, believe it or not, I bought a correct 1.3 (818.303) engine for it from...Minnesota! Seems Fulvia motors are plentiful in the land of 10,000 lakes.
    the motors are all that's left after the salt ate the rest. i've seen 7 to 8 year old cars out there with holes clear through the fenders...
    bmarler/
    1967 fulvia sport zagato
    1961 appia vignale convert.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taddraughn View Post
    So weird! The story with the one I just bought was that some rally car wannabe wrecked it decades ago and the guy bought the car from him as a project he never ended up doing. He sold the chassis years ago and is selling his house soon. I saw the PHH 35 carbs up on ebay and got them for $150. Sent a PM and got him to keep the whole engine off ebay and sell it to me. Sort of interested to see if people here think $500 is good or bad price for a full engine. I really have no clue what the going rate is. The guy thought it was worth much more but was very motivated to move it because he's selling his house.

Pretty interesting yours also had the smaller engine. I think there's been one on BAT a long time ago that also had the same thing. I wonder why so many people swapped to the smaller engines? Maybe just the sheer amount of berlinas produced made spares easy to obtain?
    $500 sounds great. i'd jump on it for that. he got any more? (not that i need one) it would make nice wall art though.
    bmarler/
    1967 fulvia sport zagato
    1961 appia vignale convert.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Taddraughn View Post

Ha, well the BAT one you are referring to might be mine. It was featured there but never sold and I bought it a few years later. Was it this one? https://bringatrailer.com/2010/12/07...ia-fulvia-1-3s ? I could never figure out why the 1.1 was there. The guy I bought it from was stationed in Italy where he bought the car. He had some major work done while there and didn't speak Italian so he didn't know either..maybe they just threw in whatever and figured he wouldn't know the difference.

I would say $500 for an engine in unknown condition is a fair deal. Others would charge more (vendor) but for a private sale I'd say you were right on the money.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ha, well the BAT one you are referring to might be mine. It was featured there but never sold and I bought it a few years later. Was it this one? https://bringatrailer.com/2010/12/07...ia-fulvia-1-3s ? I could never figure out why the 1.1 was there. The guy I bought it from was stationed in Italy where he bought the car. He had some major work done while there and didn't speak Italian so he didn't know either..maybe they just threw in whatever and figured he wouldn't know the difference.

I would say $500 for an engine in unknown condition is a fair deal. Others would charge more (vendor) but for a private sale I'd say you were right on the money.
    Haha yeah that actually is the one I was referring to! I only remembered because it was out of Gulfport MS. From the photo album looks like it came with tons of spares.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    $500 sounds great. i'd jump on it for that. he got any more? (not that i need one) it would make nice wall art though.
    I think the engine is all he had left. He sold everything else a couple years ago. You definitely could make some interesting art with a fulvia engine.

Downloads
    Uploads

...He had some major work done while there and didn't speak Italian so he didn't know either..maybe they just threw in whatever and figured he wouldn't know the difference.
    Sounds about right; one of their friends got a nice upgrade for his berlina…
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 1,6 HF View Post
    Sounds about right; one of their friends got a nice upgrade for his berlina…
    Haha you're probably right. And now I have a 1.1 in my garage. Not sure what to do with it, coffee table?

Downloads
    Uploads

Haha you're probably right. And now I have a 1.1 in my garage. Not sure what to do with it, coffee table?
    Part it out on ebay? A lot of the parts would be useful to someone rebuilding a 1216 engine. Of course it's always nice to have a spare engine tucked away just in case...

Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone on here ever made a new wiring harness for these cars? they seem pretty simple electrically and it seems everyone has issues with bad grounds and bad connections. Seems like good peace of mind but not sure how time consuming it would be. Found a great website for any color and striping combo of wire you could want so I know I can keep all the original colors of wire.

edit: here's the site https://4rcustomswire.com/

Thread Information