Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Active Lancista johan_chaingang's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Working on a ‘71 Fulvia Coupé

part 4 - sound insulation
    Last weeks I spend quite some time attaching the sound insulation to the floor pans.
    I used Vibraflex Extreme. This material needs good warming up (with the heat gun) to get it flexible.
    Anyway, I think the result is rather good for as well looks as sound.

When I took out the gas pedal I noticed that the metal plate which holds the pedal to the floor was heavily rusted.
    I derusted it (using Rustyco), put on a layer of polyster and sprayed it black.

The original rubber mats were torn up. Instead of buying new ones, I glued a new layer of rubber on the backside so the mats won't (hopefully) deteriorate any further.

I hope to finish working on the interior one of these weeks, so I can start working on the most important part: the engine and its differnet components!

greetings,
    Johan
    Johan - Berchem Belgium
    Lancia Fulvia Coupé S2 1971 - Bianco Saratoga

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice work! If you painted the exposed seat rails and metal around the handbrake with POR15 you might want to consider sanding and painting over with a top coat of some sort. POR15 does not stand up well against UV. I doubt it would get exposed to much sunlight but just something to consider.

I'd like to know if you hear an appreciable reduction in road noise after getting the interior back together. The insulation I used in my trunk/ will use on the floors is supposed to help with noise and heat insulation, but I've had it apart for so long I can't remember how loud it was to begin with haha.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Taddraughn View Post
    Nice work! If you painted the exposed seat rails and metal around the handbrake with POR15 you might want to consider sanding and painting over with a top coat of some sort. POR15 does not stand up well against UV. I doubt it would get exposed to much sunlight but just something to consider.

I'd like to know if you hear an appreciable reduction in road noise after getting the interior back together. The insulation I used in my trunk/ will use on the floors is supposed to help with noise and heat insulation, but I've had it apart for so long I can't remember how loud it was to begin with haha.
    Thx for the advice! Actually I painted the area of the handbrake over with another normal black paint. I hope the seat rails don't suffer from UV.

When the car's back on the road I will let you know whether placing the sound insulation was worth the effort!

Johan
    Johan - Berchem Belgium

Downloads
    Uploads

Refurbishment of the glove compartment

I painted the inside of the glove compartment. Had some vinyl left from the back shelf and made a lining for the bottom.

I also installed a battery circuit breaker and a double USB charging point. Yes, USB, that's so 1971! In that way I can place a bluetooth speaker underneath the middle dashboard-grill and I don't have to ruin the wood of the dashboard (like the previous owner did).

Johan - Berchem Belgium

Thread Information