Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Experienced Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Need help to identify build years of two Fulvia Zagatos I have just acquired

Brian; For historical mention, there is an ad for Algar Enterprises (Lancaster, Pa.) in Autoweek, April 13, 1968.

"1967 Lancia Zagato - Yellow with black, 5600 miles, AM/FM. Truly excellent in all respects. $3200."

It seems like I read somewhere that a couple of Fulvia Zagatos were in demo service at Algars when new. Gosh, this was fifty years ago.
    Last edited by Miltonian; 5th January 2019 at 08:29 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Need help to identify build years of two Fulvia Zagatos I have just acquired

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy Young View Post
    Yes, you can fit an S2 screen with S2 rubber surround into an S1 car. It seems to have been quite common for a while, probably because new S1 screens were not (or possibly are not) very easy to find. There is about 8 - 10mm of a difference in size.

I do have 818.332.001427 recorded in my Register in the VIN section - simply that the car is in "North America, yellow, and the information was obtained in 2009". I do not now keep a paper trail of where information came from - sorry; but I will change its location to U.S.A.

Regards -
    I believe I was the source
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    Brian; For historical mention, there is an ad for Algar Enterprises (Lancaster, Pa.) in Autoweek, April 13, 1968.

"1967 Lancia Zagato - Yellow with black, 5600 miles, AM/FM. Truly excellent in all respects. $3200."

It seems like I read somewhere that a couple of Fulvia Zagatos were in demo service at Algars when new. Gosh, this was fifty years ago.
    i don't know if that would have been my car. i know who the original buyer was based on the warranty document i have. also the car is yellow now, but was originally red. i don't know when the color change happened, but it was quite early in its life judging by the patina of the yellow it wears now.
    on the other hand, i shouldn't count it out. it's not completely out of the question that it was painted after only a year.
    it's pretty amazing i have that original sales document that shows the chassis and engine numbers,because like you say, that was 50 years ago.
    i remember seeing an ad for what i think was my fulvia in one of my old lanciana publications but i can't seem to find it now. that ad was from the owner before me, but i thought it mentioned the previous owner for some reason.
    bmarler/
    1967 fulvia sport zagato
    1961 appia vignale convert.

Experienced Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why hasn't the OP been back since his first two posts (10 days ago)?

Interesting seeing the one-owner Fulvia Zagato presently listed on Craigslist with only 34,000 miles on it! (Eastern USA).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    Why hasn't the OP been back since his first two posts (10 days ago)?

Interesting seeing the one-owner Fulvia Zagato presently listed on Craigslist with only 34,000 miles on it! (Eastern USA).
    agreed, that's an interesting car. obviously well loved. interesting mods though, some good, some maybe not. as always, mods are a matter of taste. easily changed though. i've been watching it with interest, it's going to be interesting to see what the reserve is if it sells.
    bmarler/
    1967 fulvia sport zagato

Downloads
    Uploads

It's currently on Bring a Trailer
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Experienced Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for the correction.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1,6 HF View Post
    It's currently on Bring a Trailer
    funny, i read the word craigslist but my mind said bring a trailer.
    bmarler/
    1967 fulvia sport zagato

Thread Information