Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Electrical issues 69 S1 Fulvia Coupé 1.3S

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Electrical issues 69 S1 Fulvia Coupé 1.3S

OK, I now see Hubtert's reply. The add on lock is probably the reason why they changed the coil wiring.
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964
    Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1,3 1968
    Porsche 924 1979
    Alfa Romeo 33 1.4IE 1993

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the replies! Indeed the previous owner just told me he used the extra switch to put in some sort of extra anti-theft security measure.

So Marnix you're telling me that the other black/red wire is supposed to be connected to the coil instead of the one that is connected to it now?

1969 Lancia Fulvia Coupé Series 1 Rallye 1.3S

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SanderVdW View Post
    Thanks for the replies! Indeed the previous owner just told me he used the extra switch to put in some sort of extra anti-theft security measure.

So Marnix you're telling me that the other black/red wire is supposed to be connected to the coil instead of the one that is connected to it now?
    Yep, I do recognize that wire: it is the original wire going to the coil. But if they changed the wiring for the "anti-theft", it will require checking what they changed now in the wiring. It may simply be disconnected now.
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964
    Porsche 924 1979
    Alfa Romeo 33 1.4IE 1993

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Okay, I'll have a look in the whole system later on then. That still leaves me with the question where the other black/red wire needs to be connected. Since I checked all the other black/red wires in the system, the only option that is left is 45: "headlamp flashing contact". I don't understand though what that represents? The horn contact is the Lancia logo on the steering wheel, I suppose. Headlight flasher probably the indicator lever pushed to the back, but then I don't see where that second bblack/red wire is supposed to be connected on the steering column..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20181104-203811.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	14203

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

The horn is activated by the black ring surrounding the chrome ring in the middle of the steering wheel. The head light flash (Lichthupe in German) is activatd by the Lancia logo. Not to be mixed up with high beam on/off.

Hubert
    Flaminia GT 3C, Flaminia Convertibile 3C, Flaminia Coupé-project-, Flavia Convertibile 1.8, Fulvia Sport 1.3S, A112 Abarth 70HP, Mercedes Benz Unimog U406

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SanderVdW View Post
    Okay, I'll have a look in the whole system later on then. That still leaves me with the question where the other black/red wire needs to be connected. Since I checked all the other black/red wires in the system, the only option that is left is 45: "headlamp flashing contact". I don't understand though what that represents? The horn contact is the Lancia logo on the steering wheel, I suppose. Headlight flasher probably the indicator lever pushed to the back, but then I don't see where that second bblack/red wire is supposed to be connected on the steering column..

Name:	Screenshot_20181104-203811.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	14203
    Mmmmhhhmm. Your's is a S1 Fulvia? The central contact (with the Lancia logo) is the headlight flasher. The horn is the black plastic ring around it. The Indicator stalk is for indicating left and right (indeed); pulling back is street lights; pushing forward is full lights.

I would need to check all the wiring around the steering column. It is a bit tricky as you need to very carefully check the schematic, it is not obvious what contacts what there. You got to take into account that the sterering colummn also acts a ground contact, and some things are not activated by connecting to the +12V, but by connecting a contact to the ground.
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964
    Porsche 924 1979
    Alfa Romeo 33 1.4IE 1993

Downloads
    Uploads

To make matters more complicated: the wires for the indicator stalk go trough the steering shaft surrounding. But the horn aor flasher contacts 5i forgot which one) are transmitted throught the shaft with a wire to a sliding contact mounted on the steering box.
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964
    Porsche 924 1979
    Alfa Romeo 33 1.4IE 1993

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Very complicated indeed, opened everything up and could only find a wire going to the horn, not the flasher contact. Also not a trace of somewhere to connect this wire to. That leaves me with the answer on my initial question on where to connect the other red/black cable. As stated this wire should indeed connect to somewhere in the center of the steering column, going through the shaft, but did not see any connection possibility..

As Marnix said in a previous private message he recogniszd the wire going to the bobbin, but to me, both wires look exactly alike? What am I missing?

Name:	6ZOzDPCh.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	14204

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Also, I found this white wire coming out of the steering column middle and on the back of the steering wheel there seems to be a connection with a bolt and a switch of some sort as well. Someone with an idea? This connection on the steering wheel would be a perfect match for that black/red cable used for the headlight flasher, but where to put it through?

Name:	f3jZhc9.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	14205

Name:	TPxHEBk.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	14206

Downloads
    Uploads

Some pictures of the electronic Bosch regulators for dynamo which can be used, as I explained previuosly here. First picture is the current voltage regulator in my Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1,3. The format of the regulator is the same as the oroginal, but it is only available with screw connections. I have added spade connectors so that the wiring did not have to change.
    Second picture is the other regulator that can be used. I had it in my car for quite a while, and it works equally well, and is also slightly cheaper. But the whole top cover as seen in the picture is live connected to the D+ (the +12V power output of the dynamo), unfused. Any connection of that top with the chassis will short circuit the power output of the dynamo, without any fuse protection. Note the additional spade connector (at that time self fabricated) for the D+ connection that you have to provide yourself; all other connectors are spade connections alright.

Name:	Foto-0001.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	14209

Name:	Foto-0002.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	14210
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964